(30) Oh My Goodness

"This dessert is brilliant." Tom tucked into what must have been at least his third bowl. Hollow legs. "More wine?"

"If I didn't know any better..." Nina finished off her dessert. "I'd say you wanted me drunk, Mr. Hiddleston."

"No comment." Once again, he grinned cheekily and filled up her wine glass. "Come on then, let's go get comfortable."

They both seated themselves on the settee opposite the television and Nina surprised herself by leaning on Tom slightly, with one of his arms across the back of the sofa behind her. The film started up and Nina was quite amused by the fact that Tom would not stop smiling. She knew a lot of people that would instantly turn their nose up at films like this...but clearly, Tom wasn't one of those people.

About halfway through the film Nina looked at Tom and it looked like he had dozed off. He did look like he needed a rest so she didn't blame him at all. She went onto her phone and saw that she had a text from Molly, containing the link to a Tumblr blog. Nina raised an eyebrow but clicked on the link.

Of course it was the link to a Tom Hiddleston blog.

Tom shifted slightly and Nina just about jumped out of her skin, hiding her phone instinctively. If Tom saw what she was looking at, she'd probably never live it down. Especially since the page was filled with loads of fictional short stories about the very man-child snoring softly next to her.

She read a few of them, trying to imagine Tom being a librarian, or Tom actually being an army general. She flicked onto one and it had a 'smut warning'. Nina had a feeling she knew what it would be but she began to read it anyway.

"What's that? Who's Tom?" A quiet voice came from behind her head and she jumped, throwing her phone onto the floor. Before she could get it back, Tom had leaned down and grabbed it and he looked at the page in mock horror. "I can't believe you, Nina."

"Blame Molly." Nina muttered, but with a smile on her face as she snatched at her phone. "Thomas William Hiddleston, you'd better give me my phone back or there will be severe consequences."

"Ehehe. Like what?" He stood up, raising his hand with the phone in, his shirt lifting slightly to reveal the let's-immobilise-every-woman-within-a-hundred-mile-radius strip once more.

"Like...like..." Nina thought for a moment. "Are you ticklish?"

"No." He tried to keep a straight face as he looked down at Nina who was still on the sofa. "Right then, let's have a read." He brought his arm down, keeping his eyes on Nina, his mouth twitching and threatening to form into a smile. Suddenly his eyes lit up. "We should re-enact a scene from the story!"

Nina froze. Of course it was the smut that he had to be on. "Uh..."

"Come on, it'll be fun! I'm an actor. What could go wrong?" He reached his other hand down and helped Nina to pull herself off of the sofa. "Right, where do we start? Tom looks at you with his piercing eyes. His stare is kind yet intimidating." Tom looked up from the phone at Nina who was now a lovely shade of red.

"Tom...are you still tipsy?" Nina was desperately searching for a way out.

"No, no." He glanced back down at the phone again. "Smiling, Tom reaches out and places a hand on your waist. Oh. Hang on." He put down his drink and rested a hand lightly on Nina's waist. "His voice as he speaks is somewhat reassuring. Gent...hold up a second. Does that say genital?" He squinted at the phone and Nina couldn't help but giggle. What a typo, she thought to herself, watching as Tom smiled that devastating smile of his, the corners of his eyes creasing up again. "You know what, never mind that."

"Do I have to say anything?" Nina glanced down at Tom's hand still on her waist. There wasn't much space in between them now and Nina sucked in a deep breath, but she couldn't keep a smile off of her face for long.

"No. Not yet." He looked up at her, the bemused expression on his face priceless. "Gently, he pulls you closer to him. The sweet smell of his cologne is almost overwhelming..." Tom pulled Nina a little closer to him, and Nina could have cut the tension with a knife. "Well, I smell like bacon at the moment but that is really beside the point."

"Some girl somewhere is into that." Nina shrugged, laughing softly.

"I love you, he says, his voice sincere and sweet. It keeps saying sweet. What am I, candy-floss?" Tom's face changed fell amused to plain surprised as he read the next sentence. "His lips press softly to yours as he pulls you in for an embrace...and I think that's where we'll stop for tonight." Tom put the phone down, his hand still resting on Nina's waist after he stood back up straight. There was no more than ten centimetres between them. Ten centimetres.

"So are we continuing with the film...?" Nina looked up at Tom's unreadable expression. Seven centimetres.

"I was rather hoping we'd finish what we started." Four. Three. Two. One.

None. Nina's breath caught in her throat as Tom's lips pressed to hers. She couldn't believe what was happening. She couldn't believe her eyes. Her mind. Anything. Tom's lips tasted of the sweet wine that they'd been drinking earlier, and definitely not candy-floss. Was he drunk at all? Nina's mind was on overload, and she wasn't able to think straight for those precious, precious few moments.

Eventually Tom pulled away, his eyes wide, his expression unreadable once more. "I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have done that." Nina stood still, her mind unable to compute what had just happened.

She had just kissed Tom Hiddleston. She had a boyfriend. A boyfriend that she was supposed to be madly in love with.

So why did she feel like kissing Tom was one of the best things she'd ever done?

[A/N] i've been waiting for that! you've been waiting for that! we've all been waiting for that! if you ship them and you know it clap your hands! *clap clap* drop a vote and maybe there'll be another plot twist soon?
yours truly :) x