(37) All I Want

Nina had to stifle a couple of yawns and she got the feeling that if she didn't get back soon, she'd be fast asleep on the table with a face full of empty sugar packets. She had another -probably sleepless- night to get through.

She had just one night left until she was back in London - assuming she made plans and didn't end up sleeping in her parents back garden or something.

She'd slept in the garden once before with her friends back in London when she was younger - one friend was arachnophobic and screamed at everything, one friend needed to go inside to go to the toilet every five minutes and Nina was nauseous from the extreme amount of sugar she'd consumed. It was safe to say that was not one of the best birthdays she'd ever had.

Eventually Tom seemed to notice the fact that Nina looked like she was about to doze off. "I think we should call it a day." He stood up, and Nina was alerted to the sudden movement of the table as Tom's legs bashed noisily against it, earning a small bit of unwanted attention.

She stood up and rubbed her eyes, and Annie raised an eyebrow, staying seated. "You're tired? But it's still mid afternoon."

"Long morning." Nina let herself yawn, before mentally cursing when she heard how hard the wind was blowing outside - she didn't have a coat, or just anything more than a thin jumper for that matter.

"I'll stay here, guys. I've got a little more procrastinating to do." Annie sat back slightly in her chair, folding her arms.

"Haven't we all." Tom grinned. "Catch you later, Annie." Tom missed the pointed glance that Annie made to Nina as they left. The minute that the door was opened Nina involuntarily shivered as the cool wind hit her, but Tom didn't miss that. "Do you want to wear my jacket?"

"I-no, I'm fine..." She wrapped her arms tightly around herself, goosebumps beginning to surface on her pale arms.

Tom tutted, shrugging off his jacket and handing over to Nina. "You need it more than I do, darling."

"Thanks, I...I suppose." Nina slid it on, subconsciously noting the fact that it smelt rather nice, and it was a struggle to keep it on her slim shoulders. She jumped slightly as Tom put an arm around her shoulders, securing the jacket in place.

"That better?" Tom smiled down at her for a moment as they walked, and Nina shivered again, but not because she was cold. For a different reason entirely. She nodded, leaning into Tom's warm body awkwardly as they were moving.

"I suppose..." Nina scratched her arm gently, glancing up at him. "We can still meet up sometimes in London, right? If...if you're not too busy for me, that is."

"Of course. I'm never too busy for you, darling. You know..." He ruffled his hair slightly with his free hand, the wind blowing it in odd directions. "My offer still stands. I still have that spare room."

"Yes, but I...I couldn't, Tom. Pregnant, remember?"

"I could work with that." His eyes lit up. "I could be Uncle Tommy! Playing, feeding, watching The Jungle Book-"

"Changing nappies." Nina butted in, laughing a little at Tom's sudden facial expression change from excited to somewhat repulsed. "Tom, look, as much as I appreciate it-"

Tom stopped dead then, turning to face Nina, his hands firmly planted on her shoulders as he studied her at arms length. "You are going to graciously accept my offer and let me help you, Nina. I'm not saying I think you need help, I just..."

"I probably will need all the help I can get over the next nine months."

"Exactly. Let me give you at least some of that help, darling. Mi casa es su casa."

"Good grief...how many languages do you speak?" Nina stared down at the floor, knowing that if she looked up at Tom then there would be a 99% chance that she'd lose the ability to function once more, and she'd end up giving in to him.

"A few." He laughed softly, his 'ehehe' seemingly the only sound in a one mile radius as they stood alone on the pavement, Nina's stubbornness once again outweighing Tom's offer. "At least consider it, Nina."

"Ok...ok... I'll consider it. If it makes you feel any better." Tom slung his arm gleefully back over Nina's shoulders as they started to walk again, delighted by the prospect that there was a small chance he was getting a flatmate. He then silently noted to himself that in his free time, he needed to get out a little more. It wasn't that exciting, right? Just Nina possibly moving in...

"It does. It makes me feel worlds better." He gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You make me feel worlds better."

Nina didn't know whether to register this as flirting or not; she didn't have much experience with flirting, funnily enough. "You really mean that?"

"Of course I do. You're not doubting me, are you?" He looked down at her and Nina expected him to be somewhat offended, but instead he just looked a little puzzled.

"No, no, I just..." A blush began to creep up her pale cheeks. "I just didn't think I was...um..."

"Go on."

"I think the word is significant..." Nina winced internally at the sudden look of pure shock on Tom's face, quickly replaced by determination. He stopped her again, his shining blue eyes boring right into her.

"Don't you even dare think like that." He whispered, but not cruelly. More of a half-hearted scolding. "Don't you even begin to tell yourself that you are insignificant. Because you're most certainly not, Nina. You're significant. You're significant to me..." He trailed off, feeling exposed, like how he felt was written all over his face for Nina to read.

"You really, really mean it?" A small smile crept onto her pink lips. Tom nodded, and now it was his turn to look awkwardly down at the floor. "Tengo...um...un perro rosa...?"

"You've just told me you have a pink dog, darling." Tom didn't want to laugh at her but she did that for him, letting out a gentle snort before clamping her hand over her mouth in slight horror. "I suppose that's not what you wanted to say...?"

"I think...I think I'll try in English..." Nina managed between deep breaths, trying to compose herself. "I...you, maybe...um..."

"So now you can't speak English either?" Tom smiled, looking back up.

"Well, they say actions speak louder than words." She leaned forward, looking unsure of herself, and gently placed a kiss on Tom's cheek. It was nothing much, but it made her heart flutter and Tom's stomach felt like it had just done a backflip.

"Nina?" Tom said softly, bringing a hand up to rest on her arm.

"Mm?"

"You missed..."

Tom was the first to lean forward this time, pressing his lips to hers in a kiss that was only supposed to be brief, but lasted a little longer when Nina decided to respond, wrapping her arms loosely around his waist, Tom's jacket sliding back off her shoulders a little with the movement she made.

"Nina..." Tom pulled back reluctantly.

"What now?" A small smile played on her lips once more.

"Move in with me."

[A/N] would you look at that! third times a charm (if you count the almost-kiss...).drop a vote if you enjoyed and keep commenting! your thoughts really are valuable to me.
yours truly :) x