A Huge Mess

Third POV

The day started out pretty normal for Annabeth Chase, despite the glares and angry mutters targeted at her, she wore a smile on her face. She walked around searching for her girlfriend, Clarisse La Rue, who she found sharping her weapons in the Armory like usual. Annabeth continued to ignore the glares directed at her and greeted her girlfriend warmly. 

"Hey, Cla, do you want to see a movie tonight? I heard there was this really good one about war and strategy, our two favorite things."

Clarrise hearing her girlfriend's voice and nickname glanced up from her weapon, her mouth moved into a frown for a split second before disappearing. However, that was enough time for Annabeth to catch it. Her eyes narrowed in on the other demigoddess.

"Beth, we need to have a talk," Clarrise said seriously which was surprising for those around them and Annabeth herself. "I believe we should break up."

Annabeth exploded in angry. She could not understand Clarrise's reasoning for breaking up with her. She raised her hand in blinded rage trying to hit her now ex-girlfriend but she seemed to forget that Clarrise is a daughter of Ares' and trained in hand-to-hand combat. Usually, Annabeth could easily beat Clarrise in hand-to-hand combat but her angry truly blinded her. 

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be Beth. It's for the best for us to break up. It's like you became a new person after the announcement of Percy's innocent. You pretend as if it never happened and never acknowledged the mistake you made by not believing him. I might partly be at fault also but at least I acknowledged and owned up to my mistake."

A pregnant silence filled the Armory, everyone was surprised at Clarrise's words and her admitting to being at fault. They have never seen this side of Clarrise before and some of them quite liked it. Annabeth, however, hated it and felt angrier at her ex-girlfriend. She took her hand out of Clarrise's grip and left in a huff. Clarrise took a shaky breath and left for her cabin, wanting to get some alone time. 

A/N: Sorry for the lateness, I am getting ready to graduate and recently lost my grandmother so things have been a bit rough for me. I know that it seems like I am making excuse but I just trying to tell you all that I have not abandoned this story, I just have an irregular upload schedule that really depends on my mood.