The Beginning Is Always Cliché

Third POV

Amaryllis' silk black-haired wrapped behind her back with a loosely red ribbon. Sweat dripped down her tanned forehead as she lifted her weak thin arms to plough the dirt below. Planting was a chore given by her aunt. Although, it was tiresome for the young girl, Amaryllis enjoyed being around nature and the outside.

"Freak!! Get inside and prepare dinner before the guest arrive," shouted the shrill voice of her aunt. "And make sure not to make another mess this tie!!" Amaryllis brushed the dirt on her worn-out pant and timidity entered the house. She went to the kitchen and climbed up on the step-stool to chop the vegetables spread out for her.

Half another hour passed into the young girl finished cooking dinner. Petunia approached her wanting to inspect the food. With a huff, she was somewhat satisfied with the dinner and dismissed the girl back to her cupboard which was known as her bedroom. Amaryllis became used to not eating with the other members of her family. Inside her cupboard, she remained ignorant of what was happening outside. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Chaos barely managed to contain his anger from exploding. He took a breath of air before ordering his servants to capture the mortals in front of him. He ignored the cries of injustices coming from the mortals and began walking towards the cupboard under the stairs. He opened the door frightening the young girl inside. 

"Hello," he said softly crouching down eye level with the girl. "You may not remember me but I am your father, Chaos. I have been searching for you for years." 

Amaryllis felt tears fall down her eyes as she stared into the dark eyes of her father. As his words left his mouth, a familiar presence surrounded her filling her cold body with the family warmth that she has never felt. Chaos smiled softly and reached his hand out to the child in front of him. She took it without an once of hesitation. The two left together, ignoring the servants that waited for their master's orders.

And there is where Amaryllis' journey becomes a whole lot more interesting.