Sorting Hat Drama Part 1

Third POV

Amaryllis nervously tapped her fingers against her thigh, a habit she developed while hanging out with her father. Apparently, it was also something her mother did so she was happy to have something of her mother with her. She barely glanced at the other students, finding it easier for her nerves to focus on one thing which happened to be a candle behind the professor's table.

Of course, the professor in front of the candle thought she was staring at him and sneered in response. She mentally shook her head at the immaturity that the professor showed. Her impression of Hogwarts went a notch down but she still had her hopes.

Behind Amaryllis, Hermione glanced around with wonder and excitement with a linger of nervousness. She went over every single spell that she could remember in her mind. Her eyes finally  landed on a worn-out hat in Professor McGonagall's hand. Confusion filled her brain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Percy felt a strong pull towards an emerald eyes girl. She wasn't human, or at least not fully human, there was something about her that drawled Percy in. She was short, a head shorter than the other girls around her, but her stance stood strong. It was her stance that reminded Percy of a time when he stood just as strong.

He didn't want to get interested in another girl after his last breakup but something about her just pulled him deeper. He wanted to get to know her, and strangely this sudden attraction didn't frighten him.

In front of him, Leo tried and failed to keep his leg from bouncing in both excitement and nerves. It also didn't help that his ADHD just intensified the feelings. It really sucked that he had the worst case of ADHD among all the demigods. He sighed helplessly before forcing himself to focus on Professor McGonagall.

"Nico di Angelo."

Leo watched as Nico approached the worn-out hat, also known as the Sorting Hat, and waited patiently for a house to be called. Thankfully, Hecate gave them a quick and simple round down on all the houses. Still, he wondered which house would fit best Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. He snapped out of his thoughts to hear Nico's house results.

"Hufflepuff!"

Nico froze, Leo tried to hide his snickers, Will clapped along with the rest of the students, and Percy stood uninterested in the whole process.

A/N: I deeply apologise for the very late upload. I have been having IRL problems but I really want to come back. I don't want to make false promises though since I believe I'm known for not having the best upload speed. I really thankfully for all the support and kindness that everyone has shown me. Sorry for the misspells, I try to make sure autocorrect doesn't mess up my story lol.