Chapter Five: Embarrased

Chapter 5: Embarrased

----------------

Rubbing my bloodshot eyes, I slouched further and continued walking down the hallway. I was a mess. My hair was tangled, flowing freely and there were dark bags under my eyes. My skin was pale and my clothes were baggy and wrinkled. Passerby's gave me weird looks as I walked by. I could honestly care less about whatever is going on in their heads.

Stopping at my locker, I opened it and sluggishly placed my textbooks into my bag. There were only two people in the whole world I had no interest in seeing right now. As I shut my locker door, I came face to face with one of those two people. Remy.

Instinctively, I cast my eyes down to the floor, averting his gaze. My cheeks were flushed and my face turned a prominent red.

"Hey. How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"You feeling ok?"

"Yea." Shouldering my way past him, I hurried down the halls. I was so embarrassed. Who wouldn't be after they had cried their eyes out on their sworn enemy?

------------------------

When I made it to class, I took my seat in the front and faced my desk. I knew Remy would show up any time soon since he had the same classes as me, so I made myself as small as possible. Sure enough, he showed up a few seconds after and took his seat behind me.

The whole class I couldn't focus on a thing the teacher was saying. I was too busy worrying over the fact that I had cried all over Remy yesterday. I was such an idiot. Suddenly, a piece of paper landed on my desk. I folded it open and read it.

-R u sure ur ok? U look sick-

Turning around, I saw Remy staring at me with an anxious look on his face. His eyes were intense as he looked through my face. Swivelling back around, I touched my cheeks which were now turning bright red. Damn, what's happening to me?

-------------------------

Somehow, I had managed to last the whole day without talking to Remy. Every class, he tried to catch my attention, but I was able to ignore him and walk away.

All of Remy's attempts to talk to me had worn me out. Shuffling through the halls, I made it to the library and took a seat in a bean bag chair in a corner. I simply sat there with my legs stretched out and my arms folded underneath my head. Why was he so concerned about how I'm feeling anyway? Sure he helped me out, but that doesn't mean we're going to be like the best of friends. Why can't he just go away and bug someone else?

"Finally, I caught up to you."

I looked up to see Remy standing in front of me. Quickly, I jumped up and pivoted around, heading for the library door. He grabbed my arm and held me back, stopping my attempts of leaving. I struggled to get out of his grip, but his time at the gym seemed to have paid off.

I grunted, "Let me go monkey."

"I'm not letting you leave until I get answers." He pushed me against a wall and stood in front of me barring my way of leaving with two hands by my head.

"What the hell are you babbling about monkey?"

 "What do you mean, 'What am I babbling about?' You know exactly what I'm talking about. Look at you. Your face is pale, you have bags the size of golf balls under your eyes, and you're wearing sweats."

Once again, I cast my eyes down, staring at the floor as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"Can you at least look up and talk to me?"

Hesitantly, I looked up into his face and met his eyes. Taking a deep breath, I let it all out, "Ok, I'm a mess and I'm tired. I barely got any sleep last night which caused these bags and sweats are comfortable to wear. Is there something wrong with me wearing sweats?"

"If that's all true, why didn't you just tell me?"

 "I was embarrassed, ok. It's not every day that you cry on the shoulder of enemy number one. Even though I did it, it doesn't mean that we're suddenly going to be monkey chums and I'm going to tell you everything that's going on with me. So if you don't mind, could you please leave me alone?"

"But that doesn't eve---..."

"Please?"

He sighed and removed his arms from my head and backed up. I hustled out of the library and headed home.

--------------------