Chapter Thirty-One: Sharing the News

Sorry for the lateness guys! I have my reasons! Enjoy!

IMPORTANTO A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER >:)

Dedicated to so_fortunate 'cause she made me smile :)

------

Chapter Thirty-One: Sharing The News

“She said what?!”

I winced slightly at Cy-Cy’s loud tone. Immediately after I had texted her about the news, she had demanded me to head over to her house, considering mine was obviously not available at the moment. When I had knocked on the door to her house, I had barely been able to get out a ‘hey’, before she grabbed me and rushed me to her room. 

So here I was now, sitting cross-legged on the floor, with Cy-Cy sitting directly in front of me. Shawn had also made an appearance and was now sitting across the room in a chair. He swiveled the chair back and forth, his eyes studying me. 

I sat uncomfortably in front of them, feeling vulnerable. Cy-Cy didn’t help my case at all when she thrust her face into mine. “Explain!”

“I already told you,” I murmured. “I’m moving to Denver.” I could see Shawn straining to hear me as my volume dropped throughout the sentence.

“Why?”

I avoided meeting both of their eyes and instead fixated my gaze on my thumbs as I twiddled them nervously. “They don’t want a repeat of last time,” I whispered.

“What?”

“I said, ‘they don’t want a re-”

“I heard what you said Brooklyn.” I looked up at her to see that her gaze as well was downcast. Shawn was totally avoiding my eyes, instead choosing to focus on Cy-Cy’s bulletin board on the other end of the room.

“I just can’t believe you’re leaving,” she continued. I was shocked at her silent tone. Cy-Cy being quiet was equivalent to monkeys living in the Arctic. “And so soon too.”

“Cy-” My voice cut off as two droplets fell from her eyes. Instinctively, my eyes widened. She was crying. Sadness washed over me as I wrapped two arms around Cy-Cy’s shaking body. I felt two trails of liquid sliding down my cheeks and I knew that I was crying too; and why shouldn't I? 

Over the duration of the year, Cy-Cy, Shawn, and I had built up a friendship like no other. It rarely came about that someone was able to find people in their life who they shared a special bond with like we did. Through the laughs, and the tears, we had stuck together. Now that this was happening, I realized just how much I had taken our friendship for granted. I just had no idea what I was going to do without them.

Through her sobs, Cy-Cy laughed dryly. “I’m sorry Brooklyn. Me crying is probably just making it harder on you.”