Nerd Gone Bad Epilogue

• Dedicated to All of you! <3 I love you all!

~Epilogue~

'I'm coming home, I'm coming home.

Tell the world I'm coming home.

Let the rain, wash away. All the pain of yesterday.

I know my kingdom awaits,

And they've forgiven our mistakes.

I'm coming home, I'm coming home.

Tell the world that I'm coming home...' 

----------------

"Ma'am?"

I shuffled uncomfortably as a voice entered my thoughts. Mumbling incoherent words, I rolled over in my chair with my eyes still firmly shut.

"Ma'am? I'm afraid you're going to have to get up."

Slowly, I pried my eyes open. I hissed loudly and covered my eyes with my hand at the luminous light that flooded my eyes. Blinking rapidly, I quickly adjusted to the change in light before letting out a deep groan. Removing my hand from my eyes, I turned to face a flight attending who had woken me up. The poor lady looked completely and utterly terrified and who could blame her. I wouldn't be surprised if she had accidentally mistake me for Golem on Lord of the Rings from my actions.

Glancing around half awake, my eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets to find that the plane was empty. "Um, excuse me?" I started while looking at the flight attendant with a confused look. "Where is everyone?"

"Well ma'am, she began still flustered, "we landed nearly half an hour ago, so - "

I had dashed out of the plane before she had a chance to finish. As I made my way through the airport, I ignored the judging and questioning looks of bystanders as I headed towards the baggage claim. Bringing my wrist up, I checked my watch and began running faster. 

During my time away, I had remained in touch with Cy-Cy, Shawn, and Remy. I was glad to find that throughout all of the phone calls, emails, and letters, things hadn't become awkward between any of us at all. If anything it seemed to make me grow closer to them. 

As I entered the baggage claim area, I quickly spotted my bag and rushed towards it, tugging it off of the conveyor belt. Looking at the signs hanging from the ceiling, I quickly spotted a sign indicating the exit. Not wasting anytime, I grabbed my bag and began racing towards the exit. 

Well...I tried to.

Once I had turned to head towards the exit, I had felt something tug on the back of my suitcase which instinctively caused me to stop. Quickly turning around, I faced a small grandma with curly grey hair cascading down to her shoulders. She would have seemed to be like your average grandma if not for the scowl engraved in her wrinkly face. My eyes flickered downwards to see a pair of hands wrapped tightly around one end of the suitcase.

"Ma'am," I began clearing my throat, "I'm afraid this is my bag."

"No it ain't," she snapped back brusquely.

My eyes widened slightly at her rude tone, before I cleared my throat. "Look, I'm positive this is my bag."

"It ain't yours. That's the problem with you young uns these days. Always thinking your right even when you may be wrong. "My jaw dropped wide open at the lady's words. "Well, I ain't letting no stubborn brat take this here bag from me," she finished while tugging harshly.

Quickly composing myself, I tightened my grip on the suitcase before giving my own tug. "Sorry to burst your bubble grandma, but this 'stubborn brat' isn't planning on letting you hobble off with my stuff."