Chapter Six: Friends?

Chapter 6: Friends?

------------------

Finally. Peace and quiet.

Ever since my talk with Remy, things had been going pretty smooth. I could actually focus in class and had been acing all of the assignments and tests we had been having throughout the week.

Although I continued to be a nerd in my school work, I wasn't a complete nerd. Refusing to go back to school in my nerdy attire, I had stuck with jeans, my tank top and various sets of hoodies.

Remy had taken my advice and ignored me and I got to say I felt free. I also decided for myself that the pranks needed to stop. They were just an excuse for us to talk to each other, only violently, and I didn't want to have any close contact with that monkey.

The bell rang for the next class and I quickly gathered my material and headed out the door. I couldn't help but notice that Remy hadn't shown up to class. Oh well, I don't care about him. He's probably found someone else to annoy. It's really none of my business.

As I walked towards my next class, I crashed into Remy and some plastic bimbo. To my horror, they were locked in a passionate make out. Talk about finding someone else to annoy.

The bimbo was your average slut and was wearing a skirt about 2 inches off her butt and a small tank, which didn't do anything to hide her fake boobs.

Her skirt was riding at her hips exposing her underwear and her top was inching its way past her bust. Remy turned around to face me. His face was flushed and red. His eyes were glazed over and he looked dazed. When he realized who I was, his jaw dropped and his eyes rapidly, returned back to normal. Scrunching my nose in disgust, I elbowed my way through them and continued walking down the hallway rambling on about how there were so many whores in this world. I couldn't help, but notice a small pang come into my chest. Ignoring this new feeling, I wiped the sweat off of my hands, and continued walking down the halls, breathing heavily. What was up with me?

--------------------------

Remy's POV

Oh shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, and more shit. How did this happen? I can't believe Brooklyn just saw me sucking face with this slut. Hold up. If I know she's a slut, why am I doing this? Argh I'm so stupid! I don't even know her name for godsake.

The slut tugged me closer and grinded into my body. "So Remy. Where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?"

Barely listening to her, I scanned around over her shoulder, looking for the direction Brook had left in. Finally cluing in to what she was saying, I realized how much she disgusted me. Was this supposed to make me want her? She sounded like a baby squealing for her favourite toy. God, what a whore.

"Sorry slut, but I was just about to leave."

"But Remy, we were just getting into things." She moved closer causing me to shove her away. Wow, now she really sounded like a baby.

"Sorry, but I don't do sluts."

She looked completely shocked causing me to chuckle softly to myself. Her eyes suddenly flashed in rage. "So what do you do? Wannabe nerds like that girl who just passed by? Don't tell me you're going to go chasing after her?"

"Actually, that's exactly what I'm gonna do. See ya never whore."

With that, I turned around and scurried down the halls after Brooklyn.

------------------------

Brooklyn's POV

Rounding a corner, with the sharp pain still in my chest, I crashed into a solid surface. Rubbing my head, I winced and looked up to lock eyes with Drake. Growling, I backed up and took up a fighting stance.

"What do you want you two cent bastard?"

Tangling his fingers through his curly brown hair he gave a fake chuckle and gave me a smile, which I noticed didn't reach his eyes. I shot him a glare and he sighed, "I knew that this wasn't going to be that easy."

"What are you talking about ex-monkey's pet?"

"I-I-I want to apologize for what I did. I hope that you'll forgive me and you'll consider being my friend for real."

I threw back my head and laughed. He can't be serious! Me, befriended this demon spawn! I wasn't born last year. Looking into his eyes, I stopped laughing. I could tell from his expression he was serious. I took a small step back. "No, nope, never. Not in a million years. You expect me to forgive you for all the hell you've put me through?"

He took a step toward me forcing me to take a step back. "Look. I know what I did was wrong. Hell, it was a douche bag move. I was a dumbass, I was stupid and most importantly, I'm sorry. I just-I don't wanna lose your friendship Brook. You mean a lot to me and I really want to have you back. Forgive me?"

I backed up further and my back hit a locker. "No."

He moved in closer, "Please?"

"No."

He zeroed in on my eyes, "Please Banks?"

You may call me stupid, but something about the look in his eyes caused me to crack. It wasn't until he had called me Banks that I realized, maybe he had changed. I mean, it was possible, right? Wrapping my arms around him, I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Banks, I'm so sorry," he whispered in my ear.

---------------------------

Remy's POV

Rounding a corner, I froze dead in my tracks. Standing barely 5 feet away from me, were Brooklyn and Drake. What is that bastard up to now? Moving a bit closer to them, so that I could make out what Drake was saying, I laughed silently to myself. He wanted her to forgive him after he put her through hell? Fat chance Drake.

My mouth nearly cracked open the floor when I saw Brook reach up and...hug him? What the hell is wrong with this girl? Does she not remember the pain that Drake had caused her two days ago? I know for a fact that asshole can't and will not change just like that.

I'll have to keep closer tabs on Brook to keep her out of trouble. She can hate me all she wants, but I'm not leaving her alone with that turd burglar any time soon. Not on my life.

-----------------------------