Chapter Seven: Can You Trust Him?

Chapter 7: Can You Trust Him?

------------- 

Brooklyn's POV

"Hey, that's mine! Give it back!"

Stretching my arms out, I reached for Drake's hand which contained my stolen French Fries.

"You're going to have to get it back from my fingers Banks."

I stretched my arms out further and tried to grab it from his fingers, but it was too far away. Groaning in frustration, I slapped him on the shoulder and leaned back into my chair.

"Hey, don't take it out on me Banks. It's not my fault you're such a shortie."

Huffing, I crossed my arms and slumped into my chair, "I'm not a shortie. You're just too tall."

"Yea, yea. Tell it to the judge. SHORTIE!"

Lowering my head, I fake sniffled and pretended to wipe away tears. "That's not even funny Drake. I thought we were friends and here you are calling me short."

Leaning closer to me, he peered down at me with a worried look planted on his face. "Hey Banks. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything.

Sucker! Spotting the French Fries in clear view, I rapidly poked my head up and ate them from his fingers. Smirking to myself in victory, I sat back in my chair and looked at Drake's shocked face. Chuckling, I patted his soft hair, "It's ok Drake. Not everyone can be as awesome and smart as me. Sometimes you just gotta deal with it you know?"

Swatting my hand away, he moved in close to me and gave me a mischievous smile. "Oh, so you wanna play dirty huh?"

In a flash, he had grabbed a handful of fries from my plate and quickly shoved them into his mouth. Licking his lips and smacking them, he grinned down at me and said, "Mmm. Those are some good French fries. Too bad I'm going to finish all of them before you can have any."

"Oh no you don't." I attempted to tackle him, but failed miserably and ended being tickled on the ribs by Drake.

"Surrender!"

Just managing to make out a faint, "NEVER!" , I continued to laugh uncontrollably. By now, there were tears gathering in my eyes and I felt like I was going to explode. Finally, he stopped tickling me.

"Sorry Banks, but you've made me do this."

Something wet and cold landed on my face and I could feel it trickling down my face. Using my finger, I wiped some off of my face and licked it. Ketchup. Looking up, I saw Drake holding a ketchup bottle and twirling it around.

"Drake. Just calm down, and put the ketchup bottle back on the table."

Shifting my head from side to side, I looked around for any source of amo. Picking up the ketchup bottle, I flipped open the lid and grinned. "It's on."

We lashed out each other and entered into a full out ketchup war. By now we had gotten the attention of other students and I was completely surprised that no teachers had showed up. I was lying on my back with Drake kneeling with his legs on either side of me. He had a ketchup bottle looming over my face. Panicking, I tried to get him to reconsider.

"Come on Drake. Let's talk this out. I mean, we're already covered in ketchup, so squirting me with more won't do much good."

"Hmm, I don't know Banks. This is really tempting."

"Pathetic."

Our heads simultaneously snapped upwards at the sudden voice breaking us from our little world. My eyes widened to see Remy looking - no glaring - daggers at Drake. I noticed his eyes wander down his body and the glare only intensified when he noticed he was straddling me. Removing his gaze from Drake, he locked eyes with me. My lips parted and shock travelled through my body at the deep emotions shining in his eyes. Hurt, pain, and betrayal. 

Before I had a chance to delve further into the emotions he was showcasing, Drake stood up and reached a hand down to me. With my eyes still focused on Remy, I accepted Drake's hand and allowed him to pull me up. Remy's eyes remained on mine as Drake assisted me off of the floor. My eyes only left Remy's when Drake suddenly pulled my body close to his and ran his hands down my side.

Surprised, I turned towards Drake who was grinning sheepishly at me. "Oops?" he offered.

Sighing, I rolled my eyes playfully while turning back towards Remy. I had not thought it were possible for his glare to grow any more darker, but he had proved me wrong. I could literally feel the hatred waves he was shooting at Drake. Meeting my gaze once again, he quickly put on a poker face before walking away, tray full of uneaten food in hand.

I felt a strange sadness wash over my body as I watched him walk away. I felt almost guilty.

A tall figure stepped in front of me blocking my view of Remy's retreating back. Looking up, I met the playful eyes of Drake. Smiling back up half-heartedly at him, I accepted the elbow he offered me.

"Come on. Let's go get you cleaned up."

Nodding, I allowed him to half drag me out of the lunch room; the same images of a certain blond haired boy echoing through my mind.

----------