Chapter Twelve: Ice Cream Again?

Chapter Twelve: Ice cream Again?

Edited by writerbookie15

------------

Brooklyn’s POV

“Shit,” I swore.

“Now is that anyway to greet me? And after all that we’ve been through together?”

I rolled my eyes up at the familiar blond, “What do you mean all that we’ve been through together. I just met you like an hour ago, Shawn.”

He wiggled his bushy eyebrows, “Ooh so you know my name. I didn’t know you had it that bad for me.”

The blonde who I had seen before whacked him on the back of the head, “Shut up! She probably heard me call you Shawn at the mall today. You’re such a dumb ass. Sometimes I can’t believe you’re my brother.”

“You two are related?” My jaw dropped. As I studied them further, I began to notice the similarities. They had the same shape nose and the same almond shaped eyes, with the same shaped hair. But if you looked closer at them, you could see that Shawn’s hair was slightly darker and the girl’s features were more delicate.

She reached out her hand and I took it in mine. “As much as I hate to admit it, yes we are related. I'm Cy-Cy  Lake. This moron over here is my brother, Shawn Lake.”

“I may be a moron sis, but at least I'm a hot moron.”

I chose to ignore him while Remy snorted and Cy-Cy rolled her eyes. “Brooklyn Banks and this is Remy Fox. Nice to me—“

Shawn interrupted me, “What are you snorting about? You couldn’t even own this chick in basketball.”

Remy rolled his eyes, “As if you could do any better.”

“Actually, I could.”

Remy snorted once again, “I’d like to see you try.”

Quickly, getting bored of their verbal attacks at each other, I turned to face Cy-Cy. “You want to ditch these two idiots to stop for some ice cream?”

“Sure. Better than watching these two dim wits fighting.”

“You got that right.”

We quickly, but quietly made our way towards the exit. Noticing that we were leaving, they called out, “Where are you guys going?”

Ignoring them, we continued to walk out of the school, quickening our pace. Once we had reached the curb, I felt an arm snake around me. I followed the arm to see Shawn’s body connected to it. He smirked down at me and tugged me closer.

“Trying to ditch us I see.”

 “Yup,” I said popping my p.