Chapter Ten: Closure

Chapter 10: Closure

------------------

Brooklyn’s POV

Stretching, I slowly crawled out of bed and dragged myself sluggishly into the bathroom, scratching my stomach. Picking up my tooth brush and a long tube of tooth paste, I slowly squeezed the tooth paste on to my tooth brush, half asleep. Aiming for my mouth and missing, I grumbled and wiped the glob off of my cheek. Cautiously putting the tooth paste into my mouth, I began brushing my teeth.

While scrubbing, I stared straight at myself through the mirror. My hair was dishevelled and I was still wearing Remy’s, now wrinkled shirt. Thoughts of his shirt lead me back to our conversation last night.

Removing my tooth brush from my mouth, I leaned over the sink and spat the watery paste into it before rinsing my mouth out. Gazing back up into the mirror, I began thinking again. He said I could trust him, but how would I know for sure? Could he really be different from all the other pieces of turd that had double crossed me?

I couldn’t help but notice that all of my negative thoughts about Remy led to the hug we had shared last night. My cheeks warmed up and a smile crept its way on to my face. Maybe I could trust him after all.

My smile turned in to a frown while I began scratching all over my itchy body. Damn I shouldn’t have slept in a wet bed, although it was all Remy’s fault. I made a note to myself to get him back for it.

Taking a quick shower, I dried myself up and threw on dark blue skinny jeans with a white tank top. Over the white tank top, I decided to wear a yellow sweater with sleeves that just barely passed my hands. In the middle of the yellow sweater was a large blow up picture of Mickey Mouse. Finding a pair of 3D glasses without the lenses, I placed them in my hair, which I had decided to leave straight down.

Picking up my school bag from the floor, I grabbed Remy’s shirt and folded it in. Flinging my bag over my shoulder with a wide grin plastered on my face, I stepped out of my room, heading downstairs. Grabbing a banana and muffin from the kitchen, I scarfed them down and walked out the door. The sun was shining brightly in the sky and I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that today was going to be a great day.

The feeling quickly washed away as I reached the school, along with my grin. I was beginning to reconsider the good vibes I’d gotten when I walked outside. Did anyone know what had happened? I wouldn’t be surprised considering how quickly the porno pictures had been spread. A wave of horror went through me. Will people think it was true if they heard about me and Drake? I’m screwed.

For minutes, I stood in front of the school, pondering on whether or not to go in or just head back home. I chose the latter. Reassuring myself that everything would be ok, I took a hesitant step forward, and then walked in.

Surprisingly, I wasn’t met by glares or the disgusted expressions, which I had been expecting. People simply gave me a nod, wave, smile, or any sign that showed that they acknowledged my presence. Then they would continue on with whatever they had been doing before I showed up. This was the best treatment I had received in weeks!

Feeling more confident, I walked down the hallway towards my locker. On my way there, I was stopped by a strong arm wrapping itself around me. Cocking my head to the side, I looked up to see Remy grinning down at me.