chapter 12

When Robert had said Willa would disappear, he hadn't been lying. She'd gone to set the bath, and by the time she had returned to take her, she was no where to be found. The damned dog had disappeared. She had spent the greater part of her time searching for the animal.

"Here Willa, where are you girl?" She asked in a sing-sing voice.

"Oh Willa," she sang to the mortification of Robert. She heard him sigh from the living room.

Nia grinned. If he didn't like her singing, he could find his dog himself.

"Willa would you please come out? I have a cup of cappuccino and a nice big fat bone for you. It's quite juicy, tasted it myself," she lied.

Robert rolled his eyes.

Nia checked behind the curtains.

"Willa!" She said sharply. She was beginning to lose her patience. "Come out this instant! Oh I swear when I get my bloody hands on you... "

"Don't beat my dog Smithy," Robert called.

Nia turned to glare in his direction and flipped him the finger even though he couldn't see her.

"Then come find her yourself," she mumbled and looked under the chairs.

Exhaling, Nia walked into the kitchen and began checking the cabinets and drawers. She was about leaving when she spotted a black tail swishing back and forth in the cabinet beneath the sink. She tiptoed over and flung the door open.

Behold Willa sat there chewing one of Nia's shoes. Willa paused and stared at Nia.

"Just great."

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Nia took her shoe and lifted it to inspect the damage. She grimaced when a long line of slobber followed it. The shoe was... Well, it was chewed up. They had been her favorite pair of vans, and now Willa had done a makeover. It was ruined. She wouldn't be surprised if Robert had sent his dog to do his dirty job for him. She wouldn't put it past him. Dropping the shoe, she grabbed the dog before she could make a run for the door.

"You," she spat, "You're coming with me."

Picking up the large animal, Nia groaned under it's weight as she crawled to the bathroom. She dropped her gently and swiftly closed the door.

Then she smiled wickedly at Willa. "It's just you and me now buddy. Your masters not here to save you, you evil shoe chewing dog."

Willa's ears went flat on her head as she looked for a way out. Standing upright on her back paws, she tried using her front paws to open the door which Nia locked.

"Nice try smart dog, but you're not going anywhere."

Willa took steps back till her back hit the tub. Then she sat, pressed herself against the ceramic tiles and began whimpering loudly. Nia would have laughed if she wasn't so upset that she had no shoes to wear back home.

Making sure the temperature of the water was warm, she added bath bubbles. Robert said Willa loved her bubbles. How funny. She threw in some toys and then looked at Willa.

"Okay now get in."

Willa barked defiantly and moved away when Nia tried to grab her.

"Don't make me come there," she warned.

Willa began howling.

"Stop it!" She whispered harshly. "You're making it sound like I hit you!"

Willa howled even louder.

Siberian huskies were really dramatic dogs, and Willa was the most dramatic.

Nia rolled her eyes at it's silliness and grabbed her. The moment she put the dog in the water, she jumped out splashing water everywhere, including Nia's white shirt. Nia gasped and glared at Willa.