chapter 31

After breakfast the next day, Nia retired to her room. She lay down with her novel to continue reading but couldn't. Ever since they boarded the ship, she had kept to her room like an outsider.

She had been cooped up each day and was now tired of staring at the same walls of her cabin.

The partly opened door of her wardrobe called to her. From where she lay, she could see the white swimsuit she'd taken from Sally. Scooting forward, she left the bed and walked to the wardrobe. Opening the door a little wider, she fingered the elastic material of the suit.

Just go Nia, you know you want to. You don't have to get in the water, you can just sit at the edge, her subconscious tried reasoning with her.

Letting out a long sigh, she closed the door and turned away.

******

Robert watched the champagne swirl around in the flute. He shook it a little and the bubbles rose to the surface. A shadow cast over him and he looked up. It was Lisa dressed in a skimpy two-piece bikini.

She stood with one hip jutting out.

"Rob baby, wouldn't you like to dip in the water? It's really cool. We can swim around to the back and have some privacy," she said with a smirk.

He looked away and said flatly, "No."

She dropped into the lounge chair beside him and placed a hand on his bare chest as she leaned into him.

"Come on," she purred. "We can skinny dip and I'd let you do me in the water. No one has to know."

He glanced at her acrylic pink nails with distate. Not that he had anything against fake nails, he just didn't like them. Taking her hand off his chest, he dropped it by her side where it belonged.

"Babe... "

"Do you understand English? Yes? Then please leave me alone," he said with as much dislike as he could muster.

Lisa pouted and folded her hands beneath her breasts, pushing up the globes. The ropes she called a bikini looked like they would unravel at the slightest movement. They barely covered her nipples.

He looked away and focused his attention on Sally instead. She dove into the sea and disappeared. Then she came back up seconds later spluttering and laughing at the same time.

A small smile made its way to his face as he watched her. He was only there because she insisted.

"Hey Nia!" Sally called, her arms floating outwards.

Nia?

He turned to look and his eyes widened.

There she stood, his assistant. She was wearing a white swimsuit with a plunging back line, and she had tied a grey sarong around her waist. But even that could not hide the shape of her body.

She looked smoking hot.

Whoever knew his assistant had such a great body beneath those work clothes she wore. The suit only amplified what she already had, showed him her curves.

He let his eyes roam over her figure, from her breasts, to her slim waistline to the gentle flare of her hips.

She stood with her arms folded like she was uncomfortable.

Lisa followed the line of his gaze and scowled. "Oh great, now I have competition."

"What are you talking about?" Robert asked not taking his eyes off the unsuspecting girl. "You were never part of the competition."