chapter 34

Resting her elbows on the railings, Nia closed her eyes and raised her face to the sun. It felt so warm on her skin, and the breeze blew her dress about softly. That was the only thing she loved about the sea, the cool breeze. Oh and the silence. No horrible honking of cars or the foul odors that accompanied large cities. With the high rise buildings, population density and traffic, pollution was sure.

"Nia," a voice called and she turned to find Connor and Grace holding hands and staring at her.

Connor wore a white t-shirt and jeans shorts while Grace wore a white tanktop top and shorts.

Nia hid a smile. Were they really matching? Their love was so cute.

"What are you waiting for? Aren't you going out?" Grace asked. "We docked since daybreak."

"I am. Just waiting for Sally, she asked me to."

About an hour ago, Nia thought sullenly.

Grace chuckled. "You're gonna be waiting a long time girl. We're off now. Make sure you guys get back before 7."

"Why?"

"The ship leaves at 7," Grace explained.

"We left Sally at the docks last time because she was late," Connor said with a chuckle. "She never forgave us. Didn't speak to us for days."

Grace laughed and slapped his hand playfully. "We are never leaving our daughter again."

"See ya," Connor said and they left.

And once again she was left to herself with the call of seagulls as entertainment.

For the first time since they boarded, the ship wasn't moving. It felt so nice, not stumbling around on unsteady feet. She wasn't nauseous either.

She was eager to get back on land, but she had to wait for someone.

And what the hell was taking her so long?

The ship was empty now, everyone had gone shopping. Nia huffed and twirled a lock of hair under her sunhat as she stared at the trawlers slowly pulling out of the dock.

She huffed again and opened her mouth to scream Sally's name when a hand suddenly clamped over her mouth and pulled her around a corner. Nia struggled and tried biting the hand but it was no use. The arm holding her hands to her sides was strong.

She was pushed against a wall. She tensed expecting to fight fo her life but was surprised to find him.

Nia glared and slapped his hand away. "I will not be manhandled," she spat. "What the hell do you think you're doing, grabbing me like that? I thought you were Lisa trying to kidnap me."

Robert raised a brow. "Why will Lisa try to kidnap you?" He asked in confusion.

"I don't know. Why did she push me?" she replied with a huff. "You're lucky I didn't knee you." She scowled at him and crossed her arms. "In any case, I want to know why you pulled me like a sack of flour and cornered me against this wall."

Robert sighed and muttered under his breath. "About last night. I'm sorry."

"Huh? What was that? I didn't hear you, you'll have to speak up please," she said cupping her ear.

"I apologise!"

"I don't understand, what are you apologising for Mr McGregor?"

"Bloody hell don't call me that!" He snapped.

Nia scrunched her brows. "I'm confused. You don't want me to call you Mr McGregor? But that's your name, isn't it, Mr McGregor?"

"Just call me Robert, please?"