chapter 15

Trigger warning...

Expecting to do the same thing she had done on two Saturdays now, Nia went prepared. She wore black shorts and a white tank top. Not transparent, she made sure it wasn't.

The moment she got to his penthouse, she pulled off her shoes, tucked them into her bag and hung it high up where a certain shoe chewing dog wouldn't find it.

An hour later, her chest was heaving with each breath she took. She wiped the sweat from her brow and sighed in relief when she saw she was halfway done with scrubbing the indoor pool.

Wanna know how she got there?

Flashback to an hour ago...

"Hmm," Robert tapped his finger on the counter as he thought of what he wanted her to do.

The kitchen was filled with dirty dishes, but he wanted her to do something before that. Then an idea struck him.

"Have you ever washed a pool Smithy?"

Nia looked at him from her position beside the wall. She was leaning against it with her arms crossed while he thought of ways to make her work.

"Depends on the kind of pool," she said.

"An indoor swimming pool."

"No, never."

"First time for everything then. Wash my pool Smithy."

Nia pushed herself from the wall and stared at him.

"I don't know how to wash a pool, sir," she said flatly. "I don't know anything about it."

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Are there makeup tutorial videos on YouTube?" He asked suddenly.

"Err, yes."

Just where is he going with this, she wondered.

"So, if they have pointless videos on how to paint your face, don't you think they will have videos on how to wash a pool?"

She gritted her teeth. "I don't know."

"Come on, the internet has everything. Watch those videos and then get to work. You'll find cleaning equipments in the closet," he said pushing himself away from the counter.

"After that you can do the dishes."

She pursed her lips and he grinned leaving her flustered for a moment. It was the first time he had smiled at her. Not a smirk, but a real blinding smile. She nearly squinted at the brightness. But then she scowled at him again. She wasn't going to be swayed by his shockingly gorgeous smile.

"Thanks Smithy, you're the best."

And you're the worst.

"My housekeeper hasn't been feeling too well, you see. I'm glad I can rely on you."

Motherfucker. Don't make it sound like I'm doing this willingly.

"Come Willa, let's leave Smithy alone. She has work to do."

Willa obediently trotted after him.

She had obviously watched the videos, because she was now slaving away washing his empty pool. He didn't have the proper equipment, so she had to improvise with a hard brush that gave her blisters and made her fingers red.

She knelt upright and bent her back as far as it would go until she heard a satisfying crack.

God! Whoever knew washing a pool was such hard work.