chapter 52

ADRIANA GLARED AT the tub of ice cream the blonde haired lady held out to her. She didn't want to take it, didn't even want to look at it, but it was just too tempting. And she hadn't had ice cream in a while so her greediness could be excused.

Her mouth watered as she thought of the strawberry goodness sliding down her throat. Oh it would be so nice to grab the tub from her hand and dig into it with glee. She could literally feel the cold treat in her mouth already.

"I do not want anything from you. Go away," she said with a huff dragging her eyes away from the pink tub with some difficulty and looked out the window. When the lady sat beside her, she scowled at her and said through gritted teeth: "Did you not hear me? Go away. This is my spot, mine alone. Now back off before I shove you."

The lady only smiled and looked at her neck. "How would you like me to take that shock collar off your neck? Looks pretty uncomfortable to me."

Ana's eyebrows lifted. "You can do that? Well what are you waiting for, get on with it!"

"Of course. As soon as you're polite and you say please."

Ana gritted her teeth as the exact words she wanted to say flitted through her mind. 'Screw you, I can live with this collar'. But the truth was she couldn't live with it anymore. It was hurting her. Having something constantly around your neck restricting your movements was very uncomfortable. Not to mention that the big baboon outside the door liked to shock her anytime she tried to run out the door which was everyday by the way. At least she knew she tried, her mother had all but given up.

The skin around her neck was red and blistered. It even hurt to take a shower, sometimes she cried while doing so. But she never let anyone find out because it would only upset her mother and Paige, well that ugly old warthog would have a disgusting sneer on her face.

"Please," she reluctantly said. "Take the collar off my neck and my mothers."

"Alright."

Ana closed her eyes as the lady scooted closer and winced when she gently fiddled around with the collar slightly hurting her in the process before she heard a click and then it was gone.

A satisfied breath left her.

She opened her eyes and gently touched her neck as she stared at the collar in the lady's hand. The first idea that popped up was to grab it and put it around her neck.

"Before you do anything foolish, let me rub this salve on your neck..."

"Why?" Ana asked suspiciously. "Is that another ploy to make me your friend or whatever you call it?"

She sighed. "No, it's because the skin around your neck is quite red. And from where I sit, it's looking quite nasty. This salve will help with the pain and heal it faster. May I?"

Ana stared at her for a moment before nodding slowly. She watched hawkishly as she used her finger tips to scoop up some of the cream and then apply it on her neck. She flinched when the cool cream came in contact with the welts around her neck. A sigh left her lips as she gently massaged the cream properly. When she was done, she sat back.

"How does that feel?"

"Nice, and cool," Ana breathed. "Thank you."

Her eyes widened in shock for a moment before she smiled back. "You're welcome Ana. Now, ice cream?"

"What of my mother?"

"I'll have Paige remove it." When it looked like Ana was going to complain, she quickly said: "I'll have Paige be gentle with her, don't worry. How about that ice cream now?"