Chapter 17, No answers

Cira Pov

New day, new changes. Yesterday I tried asking my mom and sister about what happened to me, of course, no answers. I'm gonna try my friends today. I'm not sure how they will act because I haven't spoken to them in a while.

When the bell rings I go to the restroom as always and take my medicine. It's time to find out the truth. I put my hair in a tight ponytail and turn around to go to them. They are at a table in the canteen, talking. When I walk over they turn silent en look at me. Indira smiles at me, as she always does.

''Hai'' I greet them while joining them. They all stare at me before greeting me all at the same time.

"Hai'' is all they say.

I take my sandwich out of my back and start eating while they still look at me. After a couple of seconds, they stop and also continue eating.

I don't know how to start this conversation. I did see Danielle yesterday at practice, but we didn't speak much. I was mostly with Pablo and the others.

''Dance practice was great right?'' Danielle looks at me, smiling awkwardly. "Pablo was so happy you are back, how long did you too stay after practice?''

She is right, the practice was so much fun, It felt so nice dancing again. Even tho I still have sore muscles in my whole body. Pablo and I stayed an hour after practice so he could help me get the choreo of that day right. After that, we just talked about the tournament, I asked him to tell me everything and he really did. I felt really sad that I couldn't be there, but after his explanation, it felt like I was there.

I smile back at her, hopefully, it doesn't look fake. "Yeah it was fun, I think we stayed 2 hours, talking and dancing,'' I answer her.

She nods and continues eating her lunch, just like the other. We just stand here, in silence.

It's time to do this. Just chill Cira and try to find out the truth.

''Girls,'' I look at them one by one, now they all look back at me. ''You are my best friends, and I would really appreciate it if you could be honest with me.''

Just this sentence only, caused Indira and Sylvana to look away. But I need to know, they don't even try to hide the fact that they are keeping something from me.

''What happened to me?'' I ask, looking at them one by one. Only Jade didn't break eye contact with me. She breaths in and says: ''You fell off the stairs.'' of course, didn't expect her to say something else.

''Then way have you been acting weird?''
Silence
"What was Ashley talking about?''
Silence
''I know I didn't just fall off the stairs.'' I try to stay calm.

Indira looks really uncoverable and almost like she is going to be sick, Danielle just continues eating, Sylvana looks like she got the saddest news ever and Jade just looks mad.

God, why is this so hard for them? They don't even answer me.

''You are not denying it.'' I push.

Jade looks at me and frowns, ''Cira we don't know what to tell you.''

Are they serious? I look around one more time but they keep avoiding eye contact.

"What about the truth?'' I'm not that calm anymore and they can hear it.

Indira closes her eyes for a second.
''It's not that easy?'' Her voice sounds broken. I almost feel bad about doing this but I need to know. Did something happen to them too?

"I don't get it, why is everyone lying? I lost my memories and no one will help me get them back. It's not fair not to tell me what happened in my life. What is the reason you can't tell me? What is so important?''

If they keep on lying after this I'm done. They are supposed to be my friend, I'm supposed to be able to trust them.

And again they are silent.

"Really, you have nothing to say?'' Still no reaction. Their facial expressions are all the same, sad, mad, confused, I don't know.

I shake my head, not believing this. ''Ok great, good to know.'' I turn around to walk away. If they aren't telling me, someone else will.

''Wait'' Jade says. I turn, finally she is gonne say something. I look at her but she doesn't look back. Just when she opens her mouth to say something, she closes it again and stays silent.

''What?'' and again nothing, this a confused face. The bell ring and I remember that I have to meet Jason for the tutoring session. I stay just for a couple seconds longer in the hope she will say something. But that's just useless.

''I have to go, he is waiting,'' I announce.

Jade finally looks at me. "Who,'' she asks.

"Jason, I tutor him in Italian.'' I keep my eyes on her, just to see if I can find something out about her reaction.

Her eyes go wide and not only hers but all of them look shocked.

''You should say away from him,'' Jade warns me and directly looks away after saying that. The others also look a little confused.

Is she finally gonne tell me something about him? Why do they look shocked?

''Why?'' Why am I even asking questions? She is not gonna answer. and I'm right because she stays silent.

''Oh wait, you guys are not able to answer questions right?'' I turn around and walk away.

I'm done

Jade's POV

My head hurts when I watch Cira walk away, holding myself back from screaming: Don't trust him.

The sound of Indira hyperventilating draws me back to reality. Indira has been having panic attacks since all this happened, first finding her sister dead in the woods, then what happened to Cira. This is all very hard on her, and none of us knows what to do.

Danielle turns to me, ''What was that about? Why should she say away from Jason?''

I can't tell her what I'm thinking, because I don't wanna start anything.
''Nothing, I didn't know what to say,'' I answer her. She nodes, not thinking about what I said.

Sylvana and Indira already walked away, getting some food I guess.  
"I'm supposed to meet Kendall before class starts, I will see you later.'' I tell her and walk off without waiting for a response. I was lying, I just didn't want to tell her what's on my mind.

I just don't trust Jason anymore, why did he agreed to not tell Cira about him but now suddenly meets up with her again? The first thing Cira thought about him was that he was a ''wolf boy'' she was really scared then they got close and everything changed. I never got why they talked, stopped talking, had a fight, she met his family pretty fast and was a bridesmaid. She was at his place while this happened. The people who got murdered were attacked and killed so violently that people thought is where animal attacks.

Animal attacks, wolf boy.

I just don't trust him, he really did seem broken after the accident but I can't shake the feeling that he had to do something with it.

The doctors said that Cira forgetting about the accident could be her mind protecting her. Her knowing and remembering how a friend of her sister, someone she trusted tried to murder her could leave its tracks.  Indira has panic attacks, I don't know, and don't wanna know how this all would affect Cira.

She is my best friend and she hasn't been herself for months, now that she is back at school it seems to get worse. When she was in the hospital, lying to her was way easier, now I kinda hate to see her and not tell her what she wanna know.  I wonder what's worse, her knowing and dealing with it, or her not knowing and thinking everyone she trusts is lying to her.

I don't trust, Jason. I don't know why he didn't want Cira to remember him and I don't get why she forgets just him, and his family.

There is something going on here.