Chapter 11, A smile

A/N
Well, I just felt like doing another chapter!

Jason's POV

When I turn around the corner, I see Cira sitting near the window. I take a step back so I'm out of her view. This time I'm alone so my friends can't make comments. She has been sitting here a lot since she is back. She stares out of the window looking upset. There is no one else in this area.

She now leans her head on her knees. I can't just walk on as nothing happened. A normal person would ask her how she is, so I can too.

''Are you okay?'' I ask while taking a step forward, still standing way too far.

She directly looks at me, straight in my eyes. She seems surprised.

''Yes,'' she answers curtly.

I nod and push my hands in my pocket. She is not okay, but it's not that she will be telling me all about it. I'm just a stranger.

I let my eyes wander over her face, what is she thinking? Does she want me to leave her alone? I don't wanna leave her alone.

''What happened?'' I ask, just wanting to know as much as I can. I wait for her as she decides what to tell me. She breathes in and out, taking her time. The frown disappears from her face.

''I got kicked out,'' she explains.

I get a smile on my face, happy she tells me what happened and not saying I should mind my own bussiness.

She keeps on staring at my face.

"What did you do?" I don't wanna overstep but she doesn't seem to be annoyed with me.

Now it's her turn to smile, and I feel my hard beat rais. It was just a little smile but thank god for it.

"I made it clear that I thought it was nonsense for us to learn about auxiliary verbs because we will never use that later in life."

I laugh "I certainly agree with you," She smiles back at me and I feel like this moment can't be ruined anymore.

Her smile fades away for a moment and she looks like she is thinking about something

"You seem familiar. Could it be that I saw you at the hospital?"

Or maybe this moment can be ruined.

I feel my face drop. Did she recognize me? Did she remember me? That's why she has been looking at me! I don't know how to feel about it tho. I thought she looked at me because, Idk, there was something even tho she didn't remember me but it was just that she remembers me from the hospital.

"Uhm yes ..." I speak up, hating that I have to lie to her. "Someone I knew was also in the hospital."

I see her eyes turn sad like she is feeling for me.

"Is that person ok?''  She asks me. Changing her positing so she is facing me, ready to listen to what I'm gonna say. She looks so normal, so much more like the Cira, she was.

I don't know how to answer her question. When she sees the look on my face she speaks up.

''I know it's not my business but I'm just curious. You don't have to tell me.'' She looks away for the first time.

I don't want her to feel bad about it, and I want her eyes back on me so I speak up. "She is doing better, but she is not herself yet. I don't know if I should hope for her to become her old self again either."

She squeezes her eyes and looks a little offended. "What do you mean? It makes sense that you want her to be her old self again."

Well...fuck I shouldn't have stopped to talk to her. Normal people don't do that and I knew it because no one did.

I stare at her as she is waiting for me to answer her. After a couple of seconds, she breaks eye contact and shakes her head.

"Yes, but it's not beneficial for her. It may seem easy in the beginning but after a while... "

"Tringggggg," the bell started both of us.

"I have to go," I say and walk away as fast as I can.

Well, that didn't go as I thought it would go.

I run my hand over my face and walk into the hall. Karim walks from the other door and frowns when he sees me.

''Yo what happened to you?'' He joins me walking to the others.

''I talked to her,'' I throw the words out.

When I look at him again he has a huge smile on his face.

''Sooo,'' he raises an eyebrow at me, ''How did it go?''

''I don't know, she smiled at me but she...''

''She smiled,'' he shouted. ''The girl never smiles so shit man, that's a big deal.''

We join the others and Vanessa and Lizza heard Karim.

''What happened?'' Lizza asked and looks really curious.

''He talked to Cira and she smiled!'' Karim answers before I can say something.

Vanessa rolls her eyes but Lizza's eyes go wide.

''NO-WAY,'' she says in the same tone as Karim.

''Congrats!'' she hits me on my shoulder.

I think they are even worse than Jake and Valentina.

Oh god, I have to tell them too.