Chapter 16, Landscape

Cira POV

It's 8 AM, I sit at the dining table while my brother eats his cereal and watches mickey mouse, my mother makes lunch and my sister sits and stares at her book. It has been like this since I'm back. No one talks in the morning, or during dinner, or ever.

''What happened to me?'' I ask.

''You fell off the stairs,'' my mom says without turning around to face me. 

Wow, how easy did it become to lie?

''What happened to me Grace?'' I ask her this for the first time. She freezes but then says: ''You heard mom.'' also avoiding my eyes.

''If I just fell down the stairs, why haven't you been talking to me? Why is everyone in school acting wear? Why don't my friend wanna tell me about the things I don't remember?'' I keep my eyes on my mom because I know my sister won't say anything.

She finally turns around and looks at me, she looks almost as bad as the first day I woke up.

''I think you're just a little bit confused, just try to move.'' She looks away. ''You have dance practice today right, that should be fun.'' 

Changing the topic as fast as possible. 

''Yeah, fun'' I walk away and leave the house. 

I don't get this, I don't get why they don't talk. How long is this gonna continue? How will I ever be able to move on if they acted like I really died?

Well, this is a good start of the day, I wonder how the tutor session will be.

Jason pov

last week I announces that I needed to learn Italian and that I needed a tutor. Miss Len would make sure I get the stuff I need and she would find a tutor for me. It was just this morning when she mailed me that I had to go to her office and right after, meet with my tutor.

I wonder who my tutor would be, I think to myself and smile.

I told Jake and Valentina I was gonna do this and they were really happy. Valentina was already talking about her coming over and hanging out with Cira. 

Just when I'm about to knock on the door,  it flys open. ''Hai Jason!'' miss Len smiles and hands me the book.

''Just on time, Cira will we waiting in the library,'' She closes the door behind her and locked it.

''Thank you very much, this really means a lot to.'' I walk with her in the direction of the library.

''I have never seen a student so eager to learn, of course, I will help you,'' she smiles before turning the other way.

Yeah, eager to learn.

When I walk through the doors of the library I see no one. It pretty empty, probably because it's almost the end of the school day. I sit down at the table in view of the entries so she sees me then she comes in.

I wonder if she would ask me more questions? If she does I will answer them truthfully. She will find out eventually. It was all over the news, but I don't think it should be me who tells her. 

I look around the place, remembering the last time I was in here. It was with her and that notebook. Does she still have it? Does it still work? If she finds it she can find out about her being a Vini again. But is she still a Vini? Her scars are gone.

I look at the clock again and see that 10 minutes have passed. Maybe she is delayed or maybe she forgot.  

The last time we were here we sat in the back, she says she always sits there.