Chapter 10, Are you okay?

A/N

So This is the longest chapter in this book so far, I just feel like things need to happen now. I hope you will like this chapter!

Cira's POV

I decided to text Jade when I got home. Just to apologize for what happened. Although, I don't feel like it. She and my other friends are all part of this, of the reason I feel like this. They also keep things from me.

The rest of the week my mom has to work a lot, she comes home really late so decided to let Celly sleep by our grandparents. Grace and I can take care of him but I know my mom thinks we need time for ourselves.

Since I have been back Grace is very silent end distant. My mother also acts weird but it's different with Grace, she is really having a hard time.

I keep on attending school as I should, leaving my earphones home. When I get home I go to my room to listen to music, I just sit like that till we're gonna eat.

Saturday night is decide to go to the gas station to buy my favorite vanilla cookies. It's half past 9 and pretty dark and cold outside. I'm wearing sweatpants and a big vest to keep me warm.

The bell rings when I enter the store. There are 2 other people here, that are 2 more than normal. I walk over to the aisle where my cookies normally are. Standing in front of the rack I grab 2 packages of cookies. When I look up I see a girl standing in front of me looking a the other side of the shelf. When I'm about to turn around the girl looks up and smiles friendly before looking past me. She has kinda a sad look in her eyes. This is a small town so it is weird that I haven't seen her before. I turn around to go to the cash desk.

I take out my earphones when I stand in front of the old lady smoking a cigarette. Her hair looks dirty and is pulled back in a bun. Her dark eye make-up spread out over her eyes like a thick past and her red lipstick is on her teeth and not on her lips anymore.

I also grab a chocolate bar and put everything on the counter.

''That's it?'' she asks while blowing the smoke my way.

I nod and grab my money.

''4,50'' she holds out her hand and I see her dirty long nails. Before I can hand them to her she grabs them ruffly out of my hand. She throws the coins in her desk without counting them and slams the drawer close.

In the mirror above the counter, I see the boy, who is now standing next to the girl, looking this way. He keeps his eyes on what is happening. I know the woman is being a bit rude but I don't have the energy to react to it. The boy and the girl look kinda similar. They are both beautiful and have the same skin color and hair color also the same nose.

The woman throws my cookies and the chocolate bar in and bag and shoves it my way, I catch it before it falls off the counter.

''Thank you,'' I say before putting my earphones back in and walking out of the store.

It's even darker now, I put on my hood and start walking. There are just a couple of cars driving by and that it, no one is walking outside. When my song ended I grab my phone to put on another one.

A weird sound from behind me gets my attention. It's the sound of an engine running. I look around to see a black BMW with the light off a couple of feet behind me riding slow.

OK... that's kinda weird.

I turn my music back on and walk on. When I'm about to turn the corner into my street I see the black car turning away.

When I'm home I go up to my rooms and sit in my window seat looking at the moon while eating my vanilla cookies.

Since my accident, I have been so fascinated by the moon. There is just something magical about it. Staring at it makes me feel less alone.