Chapter 6, No drama

Cira's POV

Everyone keeps asking me how I'm doing and I give them all the same response. I'm really tired, I didn't expect this day to be so hard.

When I get home I grab my headphones and sit in my beanbag. Fortunately, homework for tomorrow is not much.

When my brother gets home we all go downstairs and play cashier. He has his own cash desk and plastic greens and other groceries.

''16 euros and 80 cents please,'' He sais and holds out his hand.

I give him a 20 euro bill, ''Here you go,''

He hands me a 10 dollar bill and some coins back.

Yeah, he's gonna be a math genius.

After dinner, I take my medicine and go to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the lunch break, I walk to the restroom to take my medicine again.

Jade is already heading towards the others.

There is an annoying stain on my glasses. I take them off and cleans them with my shirt as I suddenly bump my shoulder into something.

Ahh that hurt.

''God! Watch where you're ... "

"Sorry," I say and put my glasses back on.

It's Ashley who stands in front of me.

''Ohw,'' she smiles ''Hey Cira.'' She scans my face and gets an evil grin on her face.

"Hey," I say briefly wondering why she stopped walking.

She is smiling again.

I raise an eyebrow at her, ''What?''

She looks around her searching for someone or thing. I follow her gaze when her eyes find the target I see a long way down the hall, Jason and Dimelo talking.

''I told you not to go after the hottest one right away. He is already done with you." She shrugs her shoulders and smiles innocently.

What?

She pouts her lips looks at me, waiting for my response.

"What are you talking about?"

Her facial expression becomes serious for a second but then that smile comes again.

"I get it, I would be embarrassed and deny everything too if I were you." She is blowing a gum bubble and walk on.

Wtf. Going after the hottest? He's done with me? Does she think I liked one of them? She must have been mistaken. I don't even know them.

After taking my medication I walk to the canteen where my friends are.

When I walk past Dimelo and Jason I see Jason looking at me, this time not looking away when I make eye contact. He leans against the wall while his group of friends are around him talking. His eyes are soft, just looking at me.

I smile briefly and look away.

Would he recognize me from the hospital?

In the next class, I have to sit between Diaro and Klaus. The teacher does not want friends to sit next to each other so we won't be talking too much.

When I arrive I smile, Klaus smiles back but Diaro looks away, not making eye contact.

During class, Klaus asks how it was at the hospital. I give answers to his questions but I don't really wanna talk about it. When Klaus asks Diaro something, he acts a little nervous and distracted again avoiding eye contact with me.

Did something happen I don't remember anymore?

I decide to live a drama-free day today. Not being bothered by what, Ashley said, not wanting to know why Diaro acts so strange and just being polite to people asking me how I am. The first week will be weird but after that everything will be normal again.

When the bell rings, I go to the restroom again. I normally never go to this restroom, but It's always empty and no one really comes in this part off the school.

When I'm done I stand in front of the mirror. I totally get why people are looking at me today and yesterday. I look like shit.

''I can't do it, I can't just act as if nothing happened.'' I hear Diaro say in a loud whisper.

Weird, normally this place is empty.

''You have to,'' Another voice says. ''You were pretending everything was OK before right, so do that again.'' The voice sounds harsh and commending.

''Yeah but she will...''

''We all have a part in this, so I don't care how, but do your part.'' The other voice whispers back he sounds serious and a little angry.

No drama today. I walk out of the restroom and see Diaro talking to Jason. Both their heads snap up when they see me. They probably also thought no one else was here. They turned silent while seeing me. I look away and walk out of the corridor into the hall.

That's not my bussiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo a lot of people put in a cast. Pictures of actors, models or other famous people who represent their characters.

I didn't because I don't really see them as anyone already existing, I made them up.

But how do you picture them?

Cira?

Jason?

Jade?

Indira?

Sylvana?

Danielle?

Anyone from the pack?

Someone from school, James or Vanessa or Klaus or Diaro or...