Chapter 8, Twins

Cira's POV

The first week of school was kinda bad. I tried to make the best of it, act normal and be nice to people, participate in my friends' talk. I know the first week would be hard but this was just messed up. I felt so out of place.

The second week started today but I didn't sleep so well.  I don't wanna be at school, surrounded by people talking to me, asking me how I am.

But where do I wanna be?

home?

No.

At the dance studio?

No.

At the library?

No.

I don't know where I would feel comfortable.

I walk into the classroom with my earphones in. At the very back, I sit down no bothering to say anything to the people in front of me. I get the books out of my bag and stare ahead.

The music is blasting through my earphones.

I grab my pen and start drawing in my notebook. My ears are starting to hurt from the music. I see a picture before me and I have to draw it before I can see it clearly and understand it. A small house in the middle of nowhere. There are thunder and lightning, huge spiders crawl towards the house.

Someone taps on my arm, but I don't respond.

The music is getting louder now. I keep on drawing, with a pencil now. I feel another tap on my arm. I turn around and see that Jade looks at me.

''What?'' I ask irritated. I take out one earphone and see that all the students are all looking my way. Jade looks shocked and insulted by my reaction and then looks at the teacher. Mrs. Lisse.

"Cira ..."

I hear a high pished tone, an annoying beep, I  take out my other earphone and press my hands against my ears, hoping it will go away.

After a few seconds, the beep fades away.

"Well, I think that's very childish of you, Cira," Mrs. Lisse says in a stricter tone.

''What?'' I frown at her.

She put down the book she was holding and looks at me.

"I know you're having a hard time right now, but ..."

"Hard time," I repeat after her with a smile. "Why would I have a hard time? I fell down the stairs and ended up in a coma more than 2 months ago. Why would I have a hard time with that?" I spit at her.

"Well, it seems ..." She is lost for words.

"The only thing I'm having trouble with are the people like you who treat me like I'm having a hard time." I smile sarcastically and want to look away again.

She has a frown on her face, battling with herself how she should respond.

The class is dead silent only some whispers.

She leans forward on her desk and says: ''Yes, well, then get out!''

I had already got up and gathered my things.

'Thank you,'' I roll my eyes and walk out of the room feeling everyone's eyes in my back.

Slamming the door.

At the window, there is a place free where I sit down.

I put my earphones back in and stare out of the window. I see the students cycling towards the school, they look very small because I am on the top floor.

I have been kicked out for the first time in my life. I pull my legs to my chest. I shouldn't have reacted so rudely, I don't know why I did.

In the breaks, I avoid my friends and sit downstairs in a quiet room.

I take my medication that doesn't help at all. My head is now banging with pain and my feet are hurting. As if they no longer want to carry my body.

People occasionally walk by but I do not respond to them. When my phone lights up I see that Indira sent me a message with Hey ci where are you?

I turn my screen off again and don't respond. I don't feel like answering questions about what happened in class. I lean my head back and close my eyes for a few minutes. I can't go crazy. My memories will come back. Nobody will have to tell me the truth so I just have to wait.

Another group of students comes by, I hear a voice and lookup. Vanessa, Dimelo, and Jason walk by. When they see me they shut up. Vanessa rolls her eyes and looks like an arrogant bitch, or it is just her face, I don't know.

Dimelo looks at Jason right away and Jason himself looks at me almost directly.

He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. No friendly spontaneous smile but a smile with a meaning behind it, weird because I don't know what it was.

I look away again. I know for sure something is up with that group, Ashley said something about them, they keep on looking at me and getting silent like they are talking about me. Who is Jason, I know something's up with him. My friends also acted so strangely when I asked about him

After school, I pick up Celly. He and Luuk, his best friend, wanted to play on the playground in the park so we go there.
As they play I sit on a bench and listen to my music. Some moms sit down on the bench next to mine. Their kids are friends with Celly so they join them. I make sure not to make eye contact with the moms, they will ask me how I am and talk to me if I do.

In the park, there are mostly parents with their younger kids. That why the 2 boy's around the age of 19/ 20 stand out so much. And because I noticed them looking this way a couple of times. They look kinds of out of place, acting like they are lost. When one of them turns to the other I see that they are an identical twin. Tanned skin, tall, muscular and they have light eyes. Well one of them has light eyes and the other I don't see.

One of them looks up and sees that I'm looking at him. He turned around to say something to the other one and I look away quickly. Dark blue where the other one's eyes.

I make sure not to look in their direction again and they don't look my way again.

When it's time to go home, we drop Luuk of and go home. My mother made spaghetti for dinner, we eat together in awkward silence. It's has been this way since I have been back home.

This was an exhausting day so I fall asleep quickly.

A/N

What do you think about Cira her outburst?

And what about Jason?

And do you know who the 2 boy's were?

The next chapter will be In Jason his POV again.

If you liked this chapter please vote and/or comment (You don't have to, only if you want!)