Chapter 5, Who is he

Cira's POV

I enter the school, smelling the familiar scent of the school's famous chicken burgers and dirty gym shoes. I never thought I would miss this place. Well, who am I kidding, of course, I would miss this place, I'm kinda a nerd.

I'm ready to feel normal again and I know going back to school will help me with that.

After being home for another month I can finally go back to school. I have been in the hospital for 2 weeks to recover, another month of resting home and now finally attending school again.

I have been working on the school stuff so I'm up to date.

Once inside I already see Jade and Indira in the hall, at the place they always are. I have separated myself from them lately, so I hope it won't be awkward. At one point they also started to notice me not really reaching out so they started texting me less. They probably realized that I needed time for myself.

''Hey,'' I say while I walk over to them.

They look up at the same time.

"Hey Ci!" Indira gives me a hug.

"Hey," says Jade and smiles. I noticed her scanning me from head to too when I hugged Indira.

They continue to talk about what they were talking about and I am just standing among them. Not really following what they are talking about. I see some people shooting me a glance when they walk past me but I ignore it.

When the bell rings Jade and I walk to our class. Walking up the stairs is still a little hard, especially with my bag on. I walked the stairs at home but this one is way longer.

My foot is out of plaster, only tape around it for support. Jade walks pretty fast, I try to keep up with her but a little stinging pain shoots through my foot with every step I take. It's not really painful just annoying.

She turns around and sees that I'm a bit behind her.

''Are you OK?'' She smiles apologetic and slows down.

"Yes I'm fine," I say and smile back.

Just when we're about to reach the top of the stars a group of girls comes from around the corner, walking down the stairs. I had a class with them in my freshman year. When they see me, their facial expression changes instantly.

"Aww Cira, Omg, how are you?" says Melissa panicky. She has always been a drama queen.

"We had heard of your accident, you were in a coma!" Nina tells me almost yelling the word.

Yeah, I know.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," I respond and force a smile.

They all give me a hug and the girl I don't know gives me a compassionate look. As if she sees a dead bunny or something.

We are one of the last to enter the class. It becomes quiet when we enter and everyone looks at me.

Maya rolls her eyes, Gina gets a mean smile on her face, Kendall looks as if he feels sorry for me and a Klaus and a large part of the class looks at me as if they don't know who I am.

I had lost a lot of weight but gained most off it back, I wear glasses instead of lenses and haven't done my hair or make-up. I'm wearing a wide sweater because it is more comfortable. I smile briefly and then sit in the back where we usually sat.

Kendall turns to us in his chair, "Hey Cira, how are you?" The whole class is silent and looks at me.

"I'm fine, thank you," I say and try to look friendly.