-Epilogue (leave)-

Quinn's pov:

Building up a new life on the bases of an old one was harder than I thought.

Many other packs or covens around use tried to fight us for the land but we were strong and didn't give into them and they slowly left us alone.

I had so many bad memories in this place and Eli had so much hurt in her heart that it took us a while to behave like a normal family.... Yeah family, she kept baby Alfy, took me a bit of time to not blame the baby for his father's doing which lead to a period of three to four years where we both fought a lot and made snarky remarks.... The worst years in my life, it hurts so much and I am happy they are over.

I had gotten rid of the prisons in the castle, just completely having that side rebuilt into something else, storage rooms and bedrooms.

It was a long process but we did succeed in building a normal life.

I watched with a smile from the door-frame as Mike play with his nephew, he came to visit for his tenth birthday with his mate, Selena, a blue eyed blondie, Anna and Chloe lived with us and the rest of our friends in the castle, it would be too silent without them here.

"Mama!" He yelled, noticing me here as I stepped back, Mike putting him down and he ran over.

"Hey Alfy." I said as I kneeled down to hug him.

"I thought you were gone!"

"Long enough to miss your birthday? No way." I shook my head with a boop to his nose. "Work is not that important."

"You got something?!" He was such a hyper kid, like his mother.

"Yes, here." I handed him a blue box.

He squealed and ripped the wrapping paper off and pulled a teddy bear from the box, holding it up and jumping up and down.

"I love him!" He yelled, hugging me and running to show the plush off.

I looked around until I found Eli with my mom, ma forced to stay behind to lead 'The Reserve' pack while she slipped away to be here.

Eli spotted me and quickly excused herself and bounced over, hugging me too.

"You know I am a bit jealous." She said as she stepped away from me.

"Jealous?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah I mean you never miss one of his birthdays and you missed mine, what is that about?"

"Eli that was years ago."

"Eli never forgets." She said.

"Oh dear how do I make it up to you?" I grinned when asking, small smiles and grins coming easier than full blown smiles but it was still something.

"Oh I don't know, maybe a kiss?"

I chuckled, doing as asked, planting a kiss on her lips before pulling away.

"You know I wonder if leaving was not the best idea we ever had, I remember when you were never this open, I should thank those voting you out." She joked with a chuckle.

"God you never changed." I hugged her from behind.

"You love me this way."

"I do."

I truly happy like this, with her, in my own back, with my own life away from those hating me for my understandable lash out and murder but I would never change anything I did.... But--

"Don't start mourning me again right now missy." Fake Bea said almost making me laugh out loud, don't worry, despite how much it still hurts I know it always will hurt like this and I learnt to live with it like how mom learnt to live with the death of the others she loved, never forget but move forwards. "Just checking." Thanks I guess.

"I love you so much Quinn, always did."

"I know, I do too, always."

And from now on nothing will ever hurt you again just like I had promised to baby you, I will forever protect you Eli, my dear mate.