-5-

age: 14

Eli's pov:

I was hugging a pillow too my chest as I scrolled down google on the laptop I had gotten, face half hidden in the pillow.

"so?" I heard Chloe's voice through the phone stuck between my shoulder and ear. "it is a real thing, it is possible."

"but I don't love her." I muttered again while clicking another link to a site called 'A list of genders & sexualities and their definitions - The PBHS Closet.' And reading the same things again. "How did you even learn about this?"

"You know that site called Wattpad?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I was reading and was confused why two girls were the main characters instead of a boy and thought it was a mistake but the author said it wasn't so I was curious." I listen to her as I read through the list again.

"But I do not love her, she is just a friend."

"But you said Alexis and Max were really close."

"Yeah but I thought it was best friend shit."

"That's bullshit Eli."

"But--" I heard steps out in the hallway and checking at the clock it was passed midnight. "Stay silent, someone's coming." I whispered in the phone before hiding it under the pillow and quickly close the site before laying down as if I was sleeping, no time to turn the laptop off.

The door opened letting light in before someone took my laptop and turned it off, setting it on my nightstand, opening one eye discreetly I could see it was Quinn, I quickly closed it.

I felt her hand brush some of my hair behind my ear and kiss my forehead before covering me in my blanket.

"Sleep well Eli." She whispered before leaving.

I opened my eyes and pursed my lips, feeling my face heat up as I reached for my phone when she left.

"You win." I said to the phone while looking at my ceiling despite not seeing anything in the darkness of my room.

"Huh?"

"You win...... I think I love her, I think I do love Quinn."

Age: 15

"One more year and we'll know if you can shift into a wolf or not." Quinn smiled her secret smiles at me as we sat on the huge cliff she loved sitting at, I also liked this place.

"I wish I didn't need to wait another year! It takes too long!" I exclaimed before sighing before looking at a stone and picking it up with my gift before snapping my eyes back forwards and sending the stone flying off the cliff and somewhere in the water below.

"You need to be patient Eli, if you do not shift you will have a long long life like I do, I am 136 after all, my ma older and my mom way way older." I nodded with a sigh, I learned in some special plus classes over here at the pack some stuff like the pack's history, wolf stuff, vampire stuff and blood wolf stuff, I do clearly remember wondering when I was and twelve why didn't all my friends other then Chloe age like we did, well they were vampires so those I understood but Quinn and her family were a mystery until not long ago.

"I know but it's still a long time."

"Bah don't worry the time will come sooner then you think." She swung her arm over my shoulder and pulled me to her side, my head ended up on her shoulder.

I looked down at the water with red cheeks, my heart seemingly wanting to break out of my chest, I was happy she couldn't see my face in this position as it would have been embarrassing since she is my bestest of friends and well..... I'm in love with her.

Age: 16

"--and you will know who you mate is at eighteen years old, their smell will draw you in and when meeting eyes you will be able to tell who they are." I zoned out the teacher and looked out the window with a soft sigh.

I played with my hair, twirling it around my finger as my thoughts went wild.

I knew I was orphan, I was raised by so many people but neither were my parents, Quinn was the one closest to one but that's just weird to think about, anyhow I knew my whole life but having someone tell me that made it a sadder truth I already know but I also didn't really care, I don't care my real parents had died, I didn't care for their picture Quinn found for me, I didn't because the pack was family enough for me.... Tho I did enjoy knowing how my true parents looked like.

I was happy because I did shift, yesterday evening, Alexis was the one helping me with my gift training that day because Quinn was sent out on her job of messenger and in my anger as I failed to be precise enough to stack wooden blocks on one another I shifted.

It really hurt and despite her telling me that the pain would become numbness after a while I didn't really wish for my bones to break themselves again but I was also thrilled to have an inner wolf.

'I am happy too to have met you.' Said Bell, my wolf, she was a white wolf like me when I changed but I kept my green eyes while she had yellowish eyes.

'I am too.' I told her.

My mind couldn't help but to go back to Quinn, she was so worried in the phone call I got after shifting back, she felt so bad for not having been around to help somehow.

I brought my hand to my face and leaned against it with a smile, butterflies filling my stomach.

Age: 17

"When are you going to tell her? She deserves to know before you get your mate, you will be eighteen in two weeks."

"I know Chloe it's just not that easy okay? She was the one that raised me almost all the way despite there being the pack and coven, I'm closer to a daughter to her then a possible lover."

"You can't say this without asking her Eli, maybe she does feel something for you too but since she raised you partially and knows you'll have a mate she doesn't want to tell you anything."

"I'm sure it's not that."

"Then what is it hmmm?"

"I...... Ah..."

"You see no answers, you must tell her so you get this burden off of your chest, you'll feel guilty for keeping it silent I know it Eli."

"Okay okay I will but not today..... I'm not ready."

"Just do it before your eighteenth birthday."

"I will try.... But it will only hurt her if she feels the same way and I get my mate."

"It will hurt you if you say nothing.....And dude who knows really, she might be your mate."

"What is the chance of that happening?"

"How should I know but hope never hurt no body."

"True... true."

"So hope Eli, hope."

"I will..... I will...."