-7-

Eli's pov:

Quinn.

It was her.

But she looked even more beautiful then before.

She stole my breath away as I looked at her.

My eyes couldn't look away from her.

I didn't need to ask Bell why I felt this way I knew it without her help.

I didn't hear what she said as she held out a small box wrapped in green gift paper, her secret smile turned into a worried frown.

"Eli? Why are you crying?" Her soft voice asked in a worried tone, her voice breaking through my shock.

"I'm just so happy." I whispered. Why happy? Because this was a miracle, a true miracle, Chloe was right hope is important because anything can happen.

"Well no need to start crying." She chuckled softly, it made my heart leap in my throat. "Come on take it, I know you aren't fan of gifts but you know me." I took the gift, sparks shooting up my arms when my hands brushed against hers.

I undid the paper but I could barely think with her so close to me, the smell of forests and the ocean mindbogglingly intoxicating, suffocating, I could barely breath and keep control over myself.

I opened the box and gasped a little as she sat on my bed and leaned against the head rest with her secret smile, you could barely see that smile and you wouldn't see it if you didn't know to look for it, I spent so long with her that I could see it when it was there or not, not even Alexis could see it most of the time.

The gift was a watch, simple but beautiful.

"Quinn....How much was it? I can't accept it."

"You can and you will, it's a gift you can't give it back."

"Let me pay you back."

"Nope." She stood up and took the box from me. "Give me your hand." I did so and she put the watch on me, it fit perfectly, she took it off then. "And back in the box, you won't sleep with a watch on you will you?" She set it down next to the markers.

"No I suppose not." Even now that I knew she was destined for me by being my mate I didn't dare to tell her, at least not at the moment.

"Well go sleep now you need it." She tapped my nose with her pointer and middle finger like she always did, the same meaning behind this as a kiss on the forehead or at least for us it has that meaning, it brought a smile on my face and I hugged her, hiding my face in her neck and taking a biiiiiiiiiiig and deep breath of her smell I couldn't get enough off.

She patted my back gently as she hugged back for a while before backing away, I bit my tongue to not whine at the loss of contact with her.

"Good night." She said, opening the door.

"Night." I whispered before she closed it.

I just stood there for a while, processing what the fuck just happened before turning the lights off and sitting on my bed, taking my phone that was resting on the nightstand off of the the charger and called Chloe, hoping she didn't end up falling asleep.

I was playing the the pearls on my bracelet as I waited for her to answer the call, I always played with the bracelet when I was nervous amongst the few other things that made me do this.

"Hello besty so met the big love on the way home alright?"

"More like in my home." I whispered, Quinn and her family were blood wolves so she'd hear me if I talked normally, her room is close enough for that to be possible.

"What who and how....... Wait don't tell me."

"Y-yes it happened." I was crying of joy again and my voice wavered as I sniffled a bit.

"I told you to have hope Elizabeth and a miracle would happen."

"I know sorry for doubting you."

"All is good since you got your girl, now go sleep, see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

I hung up and plugged my phone back in and got in bed, blanket pulled to my neck, hugging the pillow Quinn leaned against to my chest and burying my face in it.

Quinn's pov:

I laid in bed, my eyes were good enough to see in the darkness of my room as I stared up at my hand which I held out towards the ceiling with confusing feelings.

'You know what this means.'

For once I didn't ignore the phantom voice because of who's voice they were like but because I knew what they talked about.

I tried reading Eli's mind so many times but her gift named the force literally forced me away from her mind, I could get in for a few seconds before being shoved away from her thoughts.

I know what I felt when she touched my hand... A mate bond... But how is it possible? Bea is my mate....

'I died, stop being stuck on me and go after her, I know she feels the same.'

I sighed and closed my eyes, letting my hand close in a loos fist and fall on my chest, I will need to read up in the library about this....