-25 (stay)-

Quinn's pov:

The atmosphere was heavy to bear; heck it was like all was frozen in time as we waited for the verdict but I already knew what it was since I am reading my mother's mind.

I accept the vote however it will come out but will the people?

All those that voted for me to stay can understand why I did what I did but those voting for me to leave think it won't happen to them and if it did they could protect themselves.... Jesus people...

"So Quinn you are staying."

And then came the uproar of those that wanted me to leave.

"SILENCE!!!" I roared over the crowd, to many blood wolves are around so we can't influence the people like we can but it was still enough to make them shut up.

"Thanks Quinn....So the vote is over so she'll stay, anyone against that keep your thoughts to yourself or leave to find a new pack if you can't accept it, meeting dismissed." Mom said.

I shook my head as people left and turned to my family with a sigh.

"I do not blame you." I said looking at Anna. "Neither do I blame you, you and you." I added for ma, mom and Derek who was near. "I can see your thoughts like always so I know your reasoning behind being against me, Anna I terrify you and I'm sorry it is that way, Derek you just are scared I will lose control like I did, ma you need to act like the alpha and as if I wasn't your child and mom you are complicated, you fear the same as Derek, act like ma and are disappointed in what I did.... It's water under the bridge now since I'm staying, now excuse me I got to go find Eli."

I zipped off to the house and sighed, being a mind reader is tiresome but my mind is never silent and that's normal for me.

I knocked on the door in case she was awake so I didn't barge in and scare her more then she already is.

"Eli?" I opened the door and smiled softly, she was still asleep.

I closed it behind me and walked over, I just sat nearby closing my eyes and waiting for time to pass.

I opened my eyes when I heard movement.

"Hey." I softly said, meeting her green eyes.

"Hey." She said not much louder than me as she sat up.

I didn't really force the conversation since I didn't know if she even wished for it to be there since her mind is hidden to me but I guess it is partially good, being able to clearly see what happened would make me a raging creature out for blood.

"I heard there was a vote?"

"You they didn't want to do it like always, instantly exiling the killer of a pack member."

"And?"

"I am staying but it was a close call, worst of all is the reasons why my family voted for me to leave, like I do not want to be my father, someone people are scared of because of his rooflessness and I'm happy Mike and Anna didn't remember that life but well Anna is terrified, I threw her of a volcano, yelled at her and injured her several times so she is scared."

"So she voted for you leaving."

"Yeah but I do not need any pity and people telling me it will be fine, I read minds for fuck's sake, I'm the most understanding person there is because of this." I sat by her and let her hug me as I put my arm around her shoulder, if she preferred talking about this than something else I will.

"Mind reading is useful."

"Your power is too."

"True, she moved her eyes and threw a sponge through the room."

"Do you want to go to your room?"

"Oh yeah this isn't our house.... Yeah I guess."

"Hold on tight." I picked her up in princess carry so she didn't really need to hold on but still said it.

I opened the door and zipped home, I assume she'd hate to see anyone staring if I were to walk at normal speed.

"Will you stay?" She asked when I set her on her bed.

"Sure."

We chatted for a while, I hoped this could remain like this forever but everything changed that day.