-15-

(I don't know why this song makes my heart dance and yet have somewhat of a sad touch to it in my pov but it fits I think here haha)

Eli's pov:

I followed after her like she had asked, a bit behind.

I had no idea why she had tears on her face now but all I wanted to do was to hug her and brush them away but I didn't want to over step any invisible boundaries set up by Quinn after the kiss so I did nothing despite my heart telling me too.

"How long really?" She asked, stopping by a tree and leaning against it while facing me as I stopped a little bit away. "How long have you been after me ?"

"For years but I only realized it was love at around when I was thirteen, I've never had eyes for anyone but you and never will I nev--" "Never lie and speaking the truth is your pride.... I know.... You said it so much." She cut me off before sighing. "That is what I hate, why do your eyes look like hers? Why do your speech sound like hers? I hated how you sounded like her while saying that but I guess you'd never understand what I mean unless I tell you huh? I assume you went through the library by now, tell me what did you find about my family?"

She put her foot up against the tree trunk as she raised an eyebrow as she wiped the tears away before putting her hand back in her pockets.

"About the war 164 years ago and the one twenty-five years after that one."

"I suppose you noticed the.... Let's say gaps in the story, much less detailed then the first one, part seemingly important missing."

"I did.... That's why I came to find you, I didn't want to bother you...."

"But you wondered about the truth."

"Yeah."

"...... 118 years ago I was twenty-one, I had lived with my family alongside my monster for a father called Cain, not me nor my siblings were planned as he held my mother prisoner of a promise she made to him, if he left the pack alone she'd go with him and do as he wished.... He is the cause for that there." She tapped her neck over the scar. "One-day mom told me to take my siblings and run here where I met my mom's mate, Max, who I wouldn't believe was alive, on my twenty first birthday I started school and met my mate."

My heart clenched a little, so it's not that she doesn't want to be with me but it is she did really have a mate and not lied to me to make me leave.... Said nothing and listened.

"Her white hair was the way I have mine right now, her blue eyes held so much annoyance at my staring, at the time I thought she was a new born vampire, dating the boy who changed her.... She was called Beatrice.... We got in so many fights, I tried to hide the bond I had because she disliked me but when I told her she denied it...... My father came back after my mom fled, the promise broken when she helped me flee, he came for us and to destroy the pack...... She stopped denying it one day as I laid injured and kissed me, it was the best day of my life."

I was now sitting on the ground as she stared off at nothing while talking.

"We almost won, holding dad down and yelling at her to pick up the hot metal knife he stabbed me in the back with leaving this scar." She turned around and pulled up her shirt to uncover a small linear scar a bit away from the bigger one before getting back in the same position as before. "She picked up the knife...... But stabbed me in the chest here." Pulling down the col of her shirt to reveal a similar linear line as on her back, how could her mate stab her?!?!

"Bea was cursed, cursed to be unable to speak a lie, all she could say was the truth, if she said the sky was pink the sky would be pink.... She revealed how she truly looked with long hair and eyes green as yours, she once made a promise to Cain she couldn't escape...... She was about to kill my mom so I acted, stabbing her in the throat so she couldn't speak more false truths and shoved us both off the cliff."

So that's why she doesn't like me saying I will never lie, it's because of the curse her mate had on her.

"As we fell she apologized, wishing things were different.... The fall killed her, scattering her vampiric dust across the ocean, since then I wear the necklace I offered her as a gift of my love and either sit by the cliff or the shore, talking to the ocean.... My second consciousness changed, taking up her form, becoming something like your wolf in your head but with Bea's form, voice and behavior, flashes of hallucinations of seeing her here and there...... One hundred years after her death I came to find a picnic site after delivering a letter, a heavily drugged couple had been killed by a bear leaving a baby girl alone in a car."

I don't know why that part about the baby was what affected me suddenly, making my heart race as she stared in my eyes, I knew who the baby was even if she spoke in third person about her.

"Not even one-year-old little Elizabeth, that phantom Bea in my consciousness pointed out that after a century I had smiled for the first time while picking her up, I could not leave her, my heart wouldn't have let me so I brought her back with me.... When I saw her eyes I knew she was someone special to me, I promised that I would always keep her safe, always.... And I don't usually make promises.... I had promised myself I would never love again after losing her, I couldn't love, I couldn't feel, I was broken, but this little sunshine made it hard for me to not feel.... To not care.... To not love."

I gulped with red cheeks and she crouched down a few feet away from me, staring deep in my eyes.

"I was angry, angry I turned out to be her mate, I didn't want someone to replace Bea, I didn't want anyone, the phantom Bea haunting my days, pleading with me to let the girl in, to let her free my heart from its suffering but I wouldn't listen, now I know she wasn't haunting me, she wasn't the one making me suffer all along, it was me.... I did it, refusing to let go of the past, gripping on and refusing to see the truth in her words, that I need to forget her, let the pain go and stop holding on."

I felt her cold fingers pass feather light on my cheek before grabbing my chin gently.

"I will not be who you wish me too be Elizabeth, I will not smile and laugh like I once did, I will not change despite accepting the truth in front of my eyes, the pain is still here despite me accepting it, the hurt didn't leave.... I can't be the one for you...... But such is not the point of view of fate as it chose me to be yours and if fate chose me then so shall it be."

I was surprised as she placed a short and gentle kiss on my lips, far too short before standing up and walking away, leaving me shocked there.

"Oh and Eli." I looked over my shoulder to meet her eyes. "Good luck...... You'll need it with me." And with that she walked off, leaving me there on the ground with wide eyes as I slowly lifted my hand and touched my lips lightly, staring at the trees she disappeared in between.