-6-

Eli's pov:

"God dammit you coward." I whispered to myself in the backseat of Chloe's car, my voice covered by the music blaring. She was driving us back from the party of a kid at school at had their birthday a day after mine but decided to throw a party the day before because of school so we went there as a sort of birthday party for me but only the two of us knew about that.

Why am I coward you ask? Well I never told Quinn and since I'm eighteen I will find my mate.... Such a coward....

I pulled on my shoulder length hair angrily but anger didn't show on my face, my hair was attached in a ponytail before but the elastic had snapped a bit earlier so now it was free.

I was leaning my head against the car door, I had on black small heeled combat boots that reached mid-calf, some slim low waist black pants with a leather belt, a white and red stripped tank top underneath my dark green zip up hoodie whose hood was pulled over my head, I was sadly staring down at the bracelet Quinn had gotten me, wishing I was courageous enough and told her, now I can just hope in some sort of miracle to happen.

Chloe's blond hair reached mid back and a bit wavy, unlike me she almost never tied it up, only for science lessons in the lab at school, she had a red baseball cap on her head, a faded yellow T-shirt with 'you want a perfect girl? buy a Barbie' written on it in black, some jeans and simple brown shoes, her grey coat on the seat next to her, she was also a bit more girly then me in her.... Her forms, rounder and bigger bosoms, fuller butt, slimmer waist, an hour glass form....... While I was more a boring rectangle, I did have average sized boobs for my age, same for my butt my forms could easily be hidden under an over-sized hoodie while even in one you could somewhat see her curves, I wasn't jealous though, I didn't like to be the center of attention but the wolves and vampires from my pack were always and will always be the popular kids of the human schools.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to have Quinn not someone else, I wanted to cry because a mate would take my want away from her but I want her and only her, I don't care for someone else.

Chloe knew I chickened out but she didn't mention it, knowing it hurt me more then she could ever think, I will be forced to be happy and love another person and not Quinn but I didn't want that to happen.

When we finally got passed the gate and parked down, I got out of the car silently.

"Call me okay?" Chloe hugged me and I did hug her back, hiding my face in her neck before nodding as we separated. "I'll see you tomorrow." She waved.

Despite not being part of the family I lived in Quinn's home which only added to the pain in my heart.

I shoved my hands in my pockets after pulling on more my hood.

This was supposed to be a happy day for wolves and yet it wasn't for me.... I loved her for oh so long and just like that it would be gone, if only I had at least told her.... If only!!

I wonder if I am the only one suffering of the sort, did someone else feel like I do?

I stopped walking as it started raining and looked up at the dark sky, tears of my own slipping down my face.

I bite my lip and continued walking until I arrived home.

"Welcome back." Said Alexis since her people didn't need to sleep.

I nodded in greeting, not feeling like talking really, I'd might be unable to hide it's not rain on my face but tears, my voice would most likely shake, break, go high or all the possibilities so I don't want it to be heard.

"I know you said no gifts but Max and I still got you something, it's on the table." I looked at the neatly wrapped dark blue package on the table with golden ribbons tide around it, I nodded and went up to my room.

I closed the door and sat on my bed, undoing the ribbons and tearing the paper, it was a brand new set of drawing markers, these were not cheap at all, it was a pack of twenty-four but I can be sure it costed around 200 francs to buy them.

I smiled for a few seconds before sadness came back.

I set them on my nightstand and stood up, taking off boots and socks before unzipping the hoodie and shrugging it off, I quickly undressed completely.

I put on some red booty shorts and an over-sized white T-shirt.

There was a knock on my door and it opened.

I turned around and my world seemed to have stopped spinning when I saw who it was.