-8-

Quinn's pov:

"Mom." I was leaning against the wall in the living room just by the couch, arms crossed over my chest.

She opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Just a question how many mates can someone have?"

"One, only one." She answered.

"Then it doesn't make sense." I whispered, turning away in thoughts.

"What do you mean Quinn?"

"If there can be only one mate then why did I feel like I did when she touched my hand?"

"Explain."

"I brought my gift to Eli and she seemed a bit more jumpy but I brushed it off as tiredness and such things but when she touched my hand it made sparks."

"Oh that is way simpler to answer then what you must be thinking." She chuckled.

"Really what is it then?"

"She isn't your mate and never will be, only Bea was your mate...... But you are hers, your mate is unfortunately dead so that makes you mateless and well fate decided you'd be hers, it will feel like a normal bond anyway.... To be honest I was expecting this for a long time." I was surprised by that.

"How long?"

"Since you brought her home as a baby."

"What?!"

"You had the same look in your eyes as I had once when I first saw Kark as a baby, I helped raise him, it hurt a lot when he found his mate, she had died but after a few years he and I ended up together, what you are living right now if almost like Kark and I had lived just that there is a true mate bond between you two and not simple love as between me and Kark."

"So this is not uncommon?"

"I never said that..... But the rule is 'anyone mateless can be mated by a wolf' and you are one of those mateless people."

I sighed softly and passed my hand through my hair.

"I need to think." I whispered and left the house.

'You should not push her away, stop mourning my death and be happy with her.'

I frowned and zipped to the shore, knees down on the sand, far enough of the water to not get wet.

"I'm so lost." I said to the ocean since that was Bea's last resting place with her body broken and lost in it, you could say she became the ocean. "This isn't supposed to happen! You are my mate no one else! Why?! I don't understand!"

Eli's pov:

I yawned as I sat up and rubbed my eyes with a half asleep look on my face.

"Huh?" Took me a bit of time to completely wake up.

I grabbed my clothes for the day with a smile on my face as I skipped to the bathroom and took a quick shower before pulling on yesterdays outfit but my tank top was black today, I would usually wear pants until they were visibly dirty and always have my dark green hoodie on so people didn't usually see the difference from a day to the next.

I brushed out my hair and pulled in over my shoulders before pulling on my hood.

Leaving the bathroom I ran back to my room to pull on my boots and grabbed the watch I got, attaching it around my wrist with a smile.

I half jumped down the stairs, meaning I skipped a few steps while going down.

"Hello." I called out.

"Good morning." I heard Anna's voice as I went to the kitchen to see her cooking eggs and bacon, Alexis sitting at the table with papers in her hands.

"Morning." She smiled up at me as I sat down.

"What are you doing?" I asked, glancing at the papers.

"Well enough time passed for people who knew Max and Quinn to have died and with Quinn's new discovery about our vanishing powers we got all documents on them deleted and destroyed, if someone they knew is still around they are either in a house for the elderly or living with their relatives and old so we can finally go back in town plus I thought it wasn't a bad idea to see what changed in the school, it would be a bit of time off work which would be welcome."

"You are coming with Chloe and I?"

"Yeah that's what it means." Anna said while giving me a plate with my breakfast, I smiled at the idea.

"So who exactly?"

"Me, Max, Anna, Mike, Carly, Nicolas, Jefferson, Mars and well Quinn, Derek and Hans are way to old looking to pass off as people your age but anyhow Quinn, Carly and Nicolas will be the three you'll most likely have in most of your classes." From the smile on her face I just knew she knew and it made me blush and look down at my food. "To be honest I expected this outcome when Quinn first brought you home."

"Really?" I asked while looking up, for so long? She nodded.

"She had the same look I had when met Kark, the third alpha of this pack, as a baby. I helped raise him tho he did have a mate but that doesn't count, she died and we ended up together, only difference here is that you didn't get another person as a mate but Quinn...... Tho don't push it on her, there are things you don't know about that turned her into who she is today and it will be hard for her to accept this."

"Oh..." It saddened me a great bit to know I couldn't just run at her and tackle hug her before pressing a kiss on her lips..... Wow brain calm your horses.

"Don't worry she was worst before she found you I promise, emotionless husk of herself." I nodded, trying to imagine that, even now Quinn was much colder then her parents and friends but those barely visible smiles and emotes were there, I can't imagine her without those.

My heart felt heavy just thinking about that so I shook the thoughts away.

"Anyhow I gotta get Chloe, see you at school I guess." I said as I finished my food and left with a wave, picking up my bag along the way.

I ran to Chloe's, I was faster then normal wolves since I'm a hybrid but far from vampires, the only vampire things I have are my gift and speed..... And maybe sharper canines but far too short to be used to bite, trust me I experimented and have the marks of my own teeth on my upper arm, blood is not something I need fortunately.

I knocked on her door and she opened it after a while, smiling at each other before grabbing my hands and both of us squealing like some cliché school girls.

"I can't believe it!"

"You think I can?" I asked just as excited as her as we left for school but my mind drifted to familiar dull blood red eyes.

Right now I make the promise that I will make you truly happy again, smile and laugh like old times, I promise Quinn because I don't lie, what I say will be the truth just you wait and see.