ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

|| Y/n's pov ||

***

I grabbed my bag. As I was about to walk out of her house she grabs my arm and pulls me towards her. She kisses me as I kissed her back. Was my feelings for her true? It can't be. I'm married. I have a husband to be with at home, but this relationship this feeling, it's making me feel alive, joyful. I'm not being forced to do anything or follow anything. Although Sarah makes me feel safe and happy my heart is already for someone else or is it?

I left Sarah in her house and took a cab going back to my place. As I went inside I see Zach reading a book on the couch as he waits for me to come home.

"Where have you been?"

He asks me

"I went to the club with my friends"

I told him

"Well, you should have asked me first"

He said in a slightly irritated tone.

I went upstairs and took a bath. I changed my clothes. 

The fit:

I went downstairs and opened my laptop

I went downstairs and opened my laptop. Zach comes up to me and places a cup of coffee down.

"Drink this, you must be tired"

He tells me as he walks away.

I wasn't that thirsty so I didn't drink it. As I was working messages kept on popping up on my phone. It was from Sarah. What did I even expect? I wasn't in the mood to tolerate all of her apologies. 

The following days continue and my life went on repeat. Work sleep work sleep work sleep work, I think you get the point. I didn't really get to hang out with my friends but If I did it would be rarely. As you would imagine, Zach got a bit strict, ok fine, REALLY strict. He became overprotective of me. He won't let me go to fast food restaurants or malls without him by my side. Although I should be thankful for him being concerned about me, I felt like I was locked up in jail with a guard. This behavior kept on for days and days until I finally had enough of it. 

We had a conflict the night of are anniversary. After that are relationship became, well how do you say this, rocky? Every time we slept, ate, look or even see each other you could see the hatred we had. Prior to are toxic relationship we had to call it off. 

We had a divorce. He went to Spain with his family while I stayed in LA. Unexpected, I did cry. Ofc to stop me from crying I ate my comfort food, Ice cream. If you could imagine it all the ice cream in my house was gone. So I had to buy more. I wore my coat and my boots going to the grocery store with my puffy red eyes. I was sniffing my nose as I went to the freezers. I grabbed a bucket of my favorite Ice cream, cookies and cream. I went to the self check-out and bought the bucket of cookies and cream. There I saw Sarah buying things too. Ofc I hid myself from her. After what happened, I think its better to stay away from each other. I scanned the things I needed and proceeded to go to my car. It was just then Sarah approached me from behind.

"Y/n?"

She says as she taps my shoulder, I turn around and said

"Sarah"

with a smile, she proceeded to say

"Its been a long time since we talked, how are you?"

I faked a smile and said

"Never felt better"

She continue to ask me

"How's your marriage?"

I laughed and said

"Bad and toxic"

"Oh, I see"

She says as I put the tub of Ice-cream inside of my car.

I waved goodbye to her and left. I started to have butterflies in my stomach, It was like destiny. Me? Meeting Sarah? Not a chance. I went back to my house and ate my ice-cream. I opened my laptop and watched Netflix. There was this new movie called "Run" I've seen people talk about it on twitter. They say that the movie was really good and interesting. So, why not watch it? Before a few scenes started I see Sarah playing Diane Sherman. I turned off my laptop and decided to do something else. I turned on my tv to watch some news, there I saw Sarah again. It was a Netflix ad. As you imagined it, yes, I did turned off my tv. Is there even a thing I could do for me not to see Sarah, since probably 99% of everything that I do I will probably see Sarah. I instead took a nap to take my mind off of things.

I woke up, late in the morning. It was 11:30 am. I slapped on my hoodie and sweatpants. I didn't do anything for the day. I didn't have an actual job and I only make books online. Ofc, I was struggling to make money. I decided to get a temporary job until I was stable. I took a bath and changed my clothes.

The fit:

I drove to places that were hiring people

I drove to places that were hiring people. From coffee shops to libraries I still couldn't find a job that worked for me. I spent my day wandering around the city to find a job but nothing. I finally gave up on my last try and went back home. How else can I make money you may ask, well, I could continue writing my book but I do need motivation which I don't have. 

The last few hours of my day were, lets say messy. I kept on having second thoughts on asking help from Sarah. I mean she can't say no, right? But as you would expect, I didn't do it. My mind was just full of things that only a crazy person would do. To take off those bad things off my head I decided to do "what ifs". 

Like, what if I ended up loving Sarah? What if I didn't fought with Zach? What if I didn't got a divorce? 

These things started to revolve around me. Which led me to do this...

***