Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

My mom was being honest when she said she wouldn't try to contact me. I spent the rest of the week alone with Ashton in his apartment, attempting to finish packing up his place but always ending up laying on the blowup mattress in the living room and watching movies instead... Which is exactly what we were doing right now.

"Ashton, stop." I yawned, trying to push his hand away when he squeezed the bottom of my thigh. He buried his face in my neck and did it again, making me squeal. He kissed my neck and chuckled against my skin, sliding his hand up my leg and resting it on my hip. Pressing his lips to mine, he pulled me into him, securing his arm around my waist.

"Two days, Nats." He whispered, unable to hold back a smile. "Two days and I get to take you home."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, wiggling one of my legs in between his so we were all tangled up. "Not if we don't finish packing." I said, and he grimaced.

"I hate packing." He frowned and rolled on top of me. "There are much better things that I would rather be doing." He leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head, his lips landing on my cheek.

It didn't stop him like I thought it would. He simply dragged his lips down my neck and kissed along my collarbone, letting his tongue tease my skin.

"This is why we never get anything done." I whispered breathlessly, laughing when Ashton tickled my leg.

"Stop!" I whined, shoving against his chest. I rolled over and straddled his waist, playfully glaring at him. He rested his hands on the tops of my thighs and I shook my head, grabbing his wrists and pinning his hands to the mattress above his head.

"Holy shit..." He muttered under his breath, his eyes fluttering closed when I shifted my weight in his lap. "Don't do that." He breathed, trying to sit up a little.

"Don't do what?" I asked, smirking. "This?" I rolled my hips in his lap and he threw his head back, a soft moan escaping his lips.

"Nats..." He rasped, keeping his eyes closed. "Can we please just finish packing tomorrow?" He asked, finally looking up at me.

"Do you promise that we will actually pack?" I asked, shifting my weight again and pressing my lips to Ashton's.

"Y-Yes." He panted against my lips, catching my bottom lip between his teeth.

"Before we do anything else?" I asked him, briefly dipping my tongue into his mouth.

This always happened. Ash would start kissing me and then I couldn't help but go along with it, even if we had other things to do.

"Mhmmm..." He hummed, easily pulling his hands free and tightly gripping my hips, his fingers digging into my skin as he eagerly kissed me back.

He broke the kiss and lifted my shirt over my head, rolling over and pinning me to the mattress. He pressed his lips to mine and slipped a hand behind my back. "I love you, Nats..." He whispered against my lips, making me smile. As always, I gave in to him and kissed him back, and we didn't get any packing done that night.

***

"Ash, wake up." I whispered, burying my face in his neck to get the sun that was pouring in through the front window out of my eyes.

"We need to pack." I yawned, rolling over so I could get up.

Ashton groaned and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me back into him and kissing my forehead.

"I don't want to pack." He grumbled, lazily kissing along my jaw line.

He was doing it again; he was trying to distract me from packing.