Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

"Nats, come on!"  Ashton said excitedly, grabbing my hand and tugging me toward the terminal. "Slow down, Ash."  I laughed.  "They haven't even landed yet."  It was only 5:30, and their plane was scheduled to land at 5:45. He spun around and kissed me unexpectedly, surprising me. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited."  He laughed, kissing me again. 
"So."
Kiss.
"So."
Kiss.
"So excited."  He said, pecking my lips one more time before turning on his heel and leading me through the airport. 

        We sat on a set of chairs near the baggage claim, Ashton's knee anxiously bouncing up and down as he waited for his friends to come around the corner.  As I glanced around the airport, I saw a group of three tall boys that I recognized from Ashton's pictures.  I smiled and was going to wave, but quickly put my hand down when they put their index fingers to their lips, not wanting me to say anything.  They looped around behind Ashton and screamed, grabbing him by the shoulders and nearly scaring him to death. 
"Dicks!"  He screamed, a huge smile on his face as he turned and tackled each of the boys into a hug.  I sat back and laughed as I watched them greet each other, just happy to see Ashton so... happy.  Ashton grabbed my hand and pulled me up out of my chair, introducing me to each of his friends.

"Nats, this is Luke."  He smiled, keeping a hold of my hand as Luke pulled me into a brief hug.

"It's nice to meet you, finally."  He smirked, nervously biting his lip ring.

"Finally?"  I asked, moving on to Calum.

"Yeah, finally.  It's about time we meet the girl Ash has been writing songs for.  We get like, ten texts a day of lyrics for new songs."  He rolled his eyes, playfully nudging Ashton's shoulder when he blushed a deep pink.

"You've been writing songs about me?"  I smirked, squeezing his hand.

"Yeah, well..."  He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

"You've got it bad, Ash."  Michael laughed, pulling me into a hug as he introduced himself.  "Well it's nice to finally meet you guys, too."  I said, laughing at Michael's comment.  Ash had it bad, and so did I.

I wrapped my arm around Ashton's waist and followed him and the boys to get their bags.  We collected them and carried them to my car, stuffing them all into the small trunk and setting off for Ashton's apartment.

"So, how was your flight?"  I asked, getting off of the highway.  "Isn't it like, 16 hours?"

They boys let out a collective groan, mumbling about how long and boring it was, and how annoying Luke had been the entire time.  "Hey!"  Luke whined, pouting.  "I don't like to sleep on planes!"  He said, crossing his arms.  "Yeah, we know.  You kept us awake the entire time."  Michael grumbled, fighting off a yawn.  Luke just rolled his eyes and leaned forward in his seat, turning to Ashton.

"Ashton, please tell me you've got food back at your place."  He said, obviously hungry from traveling for so long.

"Of course I do.  Natalie made me stock up so you wouldn't starve."  He said, resting his hand on my knee.

"I like you more and more every minute."  Luke said to me, leaning back in his seat.  I chuckled and turned onto my street, heading up to Ashton's place.  When we drove by my house, the garage door was open. Marcus was inside, sitting in the spot where my mom's car usually sat.  My stomach sank and I sped up a little, not wanting Marcus to see us.  Ashton took my hand and smiled at me, although his eyes told me that he was just as nervous as I was about having taken the car without telling my dad.