Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

I woke up the next morning before my alarm went off, still cuddled into Ashton's side.  I carefully stood up and shut off my alarm, not wanting it to wake him while I was getting ready.  By the time I was showered and dressed, he was still asleep.  I smiled to myself as I walked out of the bedroom, stopping to look at Ashton one more time before I closed the door.  I love you... I thought, closing the door with a quiet click.  I walked into the kitchen and left a note on the counter, telling him to pick me up at four when I was off.

I smiled the entire walk to work, my cheeks aching by the time I got to there.  I headed straight to the back and put my purse in my locker, tying my apron around my waist as I made my way back to the registers.

"Hey, Natalie."  Abby said, turning to greet me.

"Hi, Abby." I smiled, humming to myself as I signed onto my register.

"You're in a good mood this morning..." She said, staring at me skeptically.

"Yeah, I guess..."  I mused, blushing when I remembered Ashton's hands running down my sides.

"Oh, Natalie..."  She smirked to herself, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

"What?" I asked, looking down at myself to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I was so happy, I could have forgotten to put on pants, for all I knew.

"You did it!"  She whispered, poking me in the chest.

"Ouch! Did what?"  I glared at her, rubbing away the small ache she left behind on my sternum.

"It." She said, waggling her eyebrows at me. I blushed a deep pink, speechless.

"It. The deed, the do, bang city."  She said, poking me each time she thought of a different way to say that Ashton and I had had sex.

"Abby!"  I hissed, slapping her hand away when she tried to poke me again.  "Be quiet!" I didn't need everybody in the store knowing that I had given myself to Ashton in the most intimate way possible.

I glared at her, and she glared back, a mischievous smirk on her face.  Scott came up behind Abby and put his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.  "What are you girls doing?" He asked, staring at me.  I broke my gaze with Abby and stood behind my register, my pleasant mood floating out the automatic doors when a customer came in.

"What's her deal?"  Scott whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek.  I looked away, straightening the display of granola bars at my register.

"She and Ashton had se-OW!"  She whined, rubbing her arm where the granola bar that I threw had hit her.  She stuck her tongue out at me, leaning back into Scott's chest.  She looked like a child. Scott, on the other hand, looked furious.

Great. Thanks, Abbs. I thought.

"I'm going to do inventory." I muttered, leaving them alone.

I was nearly finished with inventory when I felt somebody behind me.

"So how was he?" Scott whispered, his hot breath hitting the back of my neck.

"Excuse me?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Ashton." He said flatly, running his fingertips up my arm.  I yanked my arm away and shoved his chest, heading for the door.  Scott grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him, bringing his lips to my ear.  "Did he bang you like he bangs his drums?"  He growled, his tongue briefly tickling my earlobe.

"Let go of me!"  I shoved him off of me and headed straight for Kat's office, knocking loudly on the door.

"Who is it?"  She called through the door.