Chapter 25

Chapter 25:
"Mom don't turn off the car, it's dad!" I yelled, looking over the backseat for any sign of Marcus.
Diane's eyes widened and she tried to start the car again, but the nervous shaking of her hands caused her to drop the keys to the floor.

"Mom!" I yelled, begging her to get a grip and hurry the hell up. I took off my seatbelt and crouched down, helping her search for the keys. I found them and jammed them into the ignition. "Start it!" I ordered, jumping when the passenger door suddenly flew open.

My mother screamed as Marcus grabbed my wrists and pulled me out of the car, begging him not to take me away.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, yanking my arm away. I was hardly able to take one step before he grabbed a handful of my shirt and pulled me back against his chest, firmly wrapping his arms around my waist and crushing me as he carried me off to his battered truck.

"Mom!!" I cried, kicking and thrashing in my dad's arms to try and get out of his strong hold. The scent of alcohol was overwhelming, and his sour smell burned my nose.

"Mom help me!" I tried to scream but it was muffled as Marcus covered my mouth with his hand. Diane jumped out of the car and ran toward me, tears streaming down her face.

"Marcus, stop! Let her go!" She yelled, grabbing his arm and trying to loosen his grip.

"She's not going anywhere!" He growled, shoving her to the ground.

"Please, please just let her go, take me home instead!" She begged, standing up and following us to his truck. "Take me home, Marcus, please! Please!" She cried, fighting her hardest against him.

Marcus ignored her and pushed her down onto the concrete, kicking her in the ribs before climbing into his truck and holding me firmly into his side as he drove off. When I finally got away from him he grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled me back, not allowing me to get far enough to reach the passenger door and get out.

"Daddy, please...." I sobbed, grabbing his wrist to try and pry his hand from my hair. "Please stop, you're hurting me..." I whimpered, praying that my mother was following us, and wishing more than ever that Ashton was here.

Marcus drove us home and pulled me out of the car by my hair, bolting the front door before dragging me up the stairs.

"You're not leaving, not ever again." He growled, throwing me into my bedroom. I pushed away from him and slammed the door closed, locking it and shoving my old chair under the doorknob.

I turned around, ready to jump out my window and find a way to the airport, and my heart sank. Marcus had boarded up the window, that bastard had blocked my only way out of this mess.

I searched for my phone in my purse- hoping to call Ashton, the police, anybody- and it was already dead. My charger was packed away and most likely already at the airport with Ashton.

Ashton.

He was probably losing his mind because I wasn't there yet and he couldn't get a hold of me. I looked to the clock on my wall, realizing that our flight left in a half hour. I had to get out of here, and had to get out fast. Marcus hit the door and I ran to my bathroom, locking myself in.

What do I do?

I looked around the small bathroom for something, anything that could help me.

"Think, Natalie, come on!" I cried, sitting on the edge of the tub and staring at the empty towel rack.
I tied my hair up in a bun and rubbed my eyes, searching the bathroom again.

The towel rack...

I jumped up, took the metal bar off of the towel rack and headed to the window, searching for cracks in between the boards. I found one and forced the bar inside, using it as a crowbar to break the boards and separate them from the wall.