Chapter 6- Cereal Killers

Writer~San: Hey! You're still here! How's it going? XD As a reward, here's Chapter 6.
.
.
(~Your POV~)

"You okay?" I ask, slightly worried. "M'Fine." Killer sits there quietly.

'Did I seriously break him?'

Well, I did learn one thing from this interesting experience.

'The fluff on the rim of his hood is so dang soft, oh my god.'

Killer's not facing me yet so I poke the soft material few more times. He doesn't seem to notice or he don't care. Quietly, I start playing with it, running my fingers through it and squishing tufts of it in my hand.

"You really have a short attention span, don't you?" Killer sits up straight, turning towards me.

'He noticed.'

I tense up, pulling my hand back, "Sorry... It's soft and cool."

Sans sits there, expressionless for a minute before standing up. He reaches down, grabs the blanket from before, and hands it to me. "Ya need to keep yourself warm. Without power, it's gonna get cold real fast."

I obey him, grabbing the blanket and snuggling myself under it. Although, I feel bad for taking his things. He's already had to cook food for me this entire time. "Are you sure you won't need one?" Sans replies casually, "Don't worry about it, can't feel anything when I don't have nerves."

'Liar.'

Killer can feel pain and I'm positive he has emotions too. I'm not dumb but decide to play along anyway, "Alright. Do you need any help?" "I have a box of emergency candles and matches in the kitchen. Mind setting them up around the house?"

I nod, "Yeah! I can do it!" "Okay, come do it when you're ready then." He disappears from sight, leaving me in pitch black darkness again. I'm not so frightened as before. Compared to a few minutes ago, I can see a bit better and Killer has chilled out. When he's chill or tired, he doesn't try to mess with me or anything. I guess he's just put in a neutral state. For some reason, this helps me to relax quicker. Maybe it's the thought that he really won't kill me when he's like this.

After a few minutes of sitting on the floor and thinking to myself, I finally get some motivation to do my chore. It's only one but it still matters, because not bumping into every wall or piece of furniture is important. I keep the blanket wrapped around me as I step into the kitchen.

Sans is fixing us some food, it's going to be cereal most likely. Earlier on, Killer mentioned he has fries and burgers from a local bar and grill place, frozen to keep them fresh before cooking.

'But with the power out, he can't cook them.'

As I predicted, Sans fixes two bowls of cereal. I'm not complaining, it's a simple meal that doesn't require much effort. Plus, we're stuck in here so I can't be picky with our options.

(Writer~San: Question Time! What's your favorite cereal? What flavors of cereal do you find yourself leaning towards or getting constantly? I love "Honey Nut Cheerios" and eat them as a snack all the time. In terms of certain flavors, I'm pretty much up for anything as long as it's sweet or made of chocolate. (^ - ^) )

While digging through the cabinets, Killer pulls out a bottle of ketchup. It hasn't been opened. It's got a thin layer of dust on it from being tucked to the back of the shelf.

I don't know what's going on in his head but Killer stares at it for A LONG TIME. Sans' expression drops to one of instability and hatred, and maybe even guilt or fear. Unexpectedly, a white pupil starts flickering in his eye socket again.

I've only seen that happen once but it's obviously a sign of bad news. Killer's grip on the bottle tightens, close to busting it open.

I try to help distract him from it, "Killer." With extreme caution, I approach him, "Killer... Sans, hey. Give it to me, please." The response I get is a stone cold glare, that one pupil still flickering in and out. It's even more terrifying with all the lights out.

'Thank you unexpected weather and power outages. I've never been so close to having so many heart attacks in my life.'

I take a step closer, speaking slowly and calmly, "We're just going to put that away. Okay? Let me have it, Sans."

I manage to get close enough without completely chickening out and running in the opposite direction. To be honest, pulling a move like that might've made the situation worse. It like staring face-to-face with a wolf and trying to determine it's next move before your head ends up in it's jaws.

Gently, I grab the bottle, repeating myself, "Please, give it to me." Killer's body stance is odd and tense, but he relaxes just enough for his grip to loosen.

I sigh a quick breath of relief and take it from him, placing the ketchup bottle back in the cabinet and shutting the door. If there's something about that that is triggering him to have a meltdown, I definitely don't want Sans to see it.

Killer glances at his own hands, which they're clearly shaking, and mumbles, "I... Sorry.." "You don't need to apologize." I respond, waiting for him to calm down a little more.

The single pupil fades until vanishing entirely. Killer's back to having completely dark eye sockets again. I wonder why he does that.

'Like, what is that reaction even for?'

Killer rubs the side of his head, squinting that same eye socket in discomfort. I think the conversation is done from here so I walk closer to another counter. It doesn't take long for me to find the boxes of candles and matches that Killer pulled out. I go ahead and light one candle, setting it down on the same counter.

That's when I heard Killer speak up, slow and quiet, "I haven't been hugged in a long time... Funny, I completely forgot what it felt like..... Paps used to hug me all the time and I-.. I forgot.. Sounds pathetic, doesn't it?"

I strike another match against the side of the box to light it, replying firmly, "If that's how you're going to put it, then I'm equally just as pathetic as you. I forget things all the time. Heck, I don't even know who I really am or the reason I'm down here."

Killer glances at me, surprised, "You don't?" I shake my head, "I know certain things. My first name, some of my past, how to speak, talk, and act. I knew about this place from old children's stories we told at school. You could say I have the basic knowledge. Yet, where I'm from, how I even got here, what happened that night I fell, or why I did it is completely fogged. I can't remember having any friends or family so I doubt anyone else will be coming."

......

Killer asks worriedly, "Is your head alright?" I laugh, "Yeah, I'm good. Have you even noticed your twisted mind yet?" "Heh... yeah, it's definitely too dark for you." He mutters, slipping his hands into his pockets.

Lighting another candle, I set it down on the other counter where Killer is. I grin, "Cereal again? Wow, we're a pair of cereal killers." I said this plainly to cheer him up. It's not good for him to be focusing on negative thinking.

Killer looks at me silently, then stares at the cereal. "Aw, you don't get it? It's a joke." I playfully admit. Killer continues to stare at the cereal, blanked out. I sigh and give up, going back to placing candles around the house. On the table next to the pet rock, on top of the tv, I even put some on the stairs.

Out of nowhere, Killer erupts in laugher like a cynical maniac. It spooked me, so I turn and peer towards the kitchen.

'Should I be running?'

"CErEal KiLLerS! HAHAHA-" He shouts, laughing loudly.

'He finally understood the joke?'

I smile, watching the doorway and shaking my head in disbelief.

'Dork...'