Chapter 20- Lots Of Hugs

(~Your POV~)

"Human, it's time to go." Blueberry gently shook my shoulder, waking me up. I slowly take a deep breath in, mumbling, "Good morning." "Good morning.." Blueberry sounds a lot less enthusiastic, almost depressed.

'He's upset. Let's do this.'

I quickly sit up and hug him, "It's going to be okay." Blue hugs back, "I want to come too. They won't let me. My cool skills are underestimated by my own team. I can help." "They care about you. That's all." I say, petting his back. Blue doesn't respond, worrying me.

'Not exactly how I thought this morning would go.'

"Blue, listen-" Blue interrupts me, pulling away with a small smile, "It's fine. I.. I trust them. If I don't need to be there, I get to spend more time with Papyrus today anyway."

He quickly gets up, "Be careful when you go back home, okay? If I'm not there to stop those two from getting themselves killed, then who will?"

I smile, his positivity is contagious, "How in the world did you turn out so great?" "Mweh heh heh! It's a gift that only a person such as myself can master!"

'There's the Blueberry I'm used to.'

He looks around the room for a moment, "I'll step out to let you get ready." I mumble a quick "thank you" and get out of bed.

'Today's the day. Prepare for the worst.'

(~Time Skip~)

Ink takes a deep breath, going over the plan with Dream and I one more time.

"Dream, I think it's the obvious choice that you're in charge of distracting your brother. Keep his eyes off of his group, separate him from them if given the chance. Error makes rash decisions and hates me. Knowing that, he'll come at me first."

Ink pauses and then focuses on me, "Y/N, you clearly know your job. Get Killer to follow you. Without Nightmare's influence you might be able to reach through to him like you managed to do before. Stay outside in the open, don't give them the chance to corner you, that's what you've been trained for. If nothing works, run back to myself or Dream and we can bring you back here. You dying is the last thing we want."

"What about Horror and Dust?" Dream asks, worryingly glancing to Ink. Ink smirks and his pupils change to bright colors, "Y'know what? I think once they see Y/N is alive, they won't cause us any trouble whatsoever."

Dream looks to me too, making me feel embarrassed. After pulling the hood on my cloak over my head, I mutter, "I can handle those two if it makes you feel better. Got it?"

Ink gives me a last warning from our training, "They will say things to throw you off, make you doubt yourself. Stay focused. Don't listen to anxiety and doubt. That's exactly what Nightmare feeds off of and you'd be giving Dream a difficult time." Dream looks away and laughs, "Don't pressure her. I can handle myself."

'Heh, it's true though. The more negativity there is, the more powerful Nightmare gets. I want the opposite of that so to help Dream, I have to stay positive. I-.. hold up.'

"If you want positivity, bring Blue. That would give us a huge advantage." I say bluntly. Ink's pupils shrink a bit, "Well.. yeah but-" Dream steps up too, chiming in, "Ink, come on. You know she's right."

There's a moment of silence. Ink smiles and rubs his temples, "You two are changing the plans." "We're not The Star Sanses without him." Dream remarks with a teasing tone.