Chapter 22- Blueberry's Turn

Writer~San: *sigh* Got to get up for some early plans with not a wink of sleep. Because of this, I'm posting a super early chapter! I apologize if I end up bothering someone else's sleep lol. I might be able to squeeze in a second chapter later, if I'm not already busy or dead asleep. Welp, good morning to any other early birds or savage night owls (I am put in this category lol).
.
.
(~Your POV~)

Killer's knife and Horror's axe lashed out a loud clang as the two weapons hit each other. Horror held his ground, not budging an inch despite the pain. Because Horror had to shove me away, the reaction time in saving himself was a little late. Killer knife managed to cut across Horror's shoulder, but he blocked before the knife could go any farther. Thank goodness he managed to block the attack in the first place.

(Writer~San: *looking back at last chapter's ending* I probably scared the heck out of some faint and pure Horror-loving hearts. Don't worry, he's okay ;w; ... kinda.)

My breathing is shaky, my eyes wide as I come to process with what just happened. Another obvious sign of reality hits me when I see the blood bleeding through Horror's jacket. Of course, there are similar stains on his shirt but this is his own blood. He's hurt. Horror is hurt because of me.

'Killer could've killed me. If Horror hadn't-..'

"Y/N." Horror grunts in pain, turning his head slightly towards me. I can't see half of his face but the side glare he's giving me immediately sends shivers down my spine. Saying that it's "terrifying" or "scary" would be a weak understatement. Looks like he seriously wants to rip the soul straight out of my body.

His voice has taken a firm and dark tone, as if my heart wasn't scared enough already, "Pull yourself together. We warned you about this already and you ignored it. Now when we tell you to run, D O I T."

'He's right. I'm letting fear take control. I'm becoming a burden to everybody trying to protect me.'

Nightmare is still smiling, absolutely enjoying the show.

'This is exactly what he wants.'

Killer growls and jumps back, teleporting. Horror takes a sharp breath in, twisting around and cursing to himself.

'Focus. Breathe, Y/N. This plan still works out, because it seems that no matter what-'

The air shifts behind me. At the same time, a shadow casts on the snow in front of me. I know exactly who it is.

Forcing myself up onto my shaking knees, I dodge to the side and swing my arm to strike back. My fist collided with the side of Killer's skull, throwing him down onto the ground. Second time I've punched the guy since I met him. You would think Sans would learn from the first painful experience. It wasn't enough to knock him out, considering how messy my posture was.

'No matter what, I'm his target.'

Killer gets angrier, his pupils glowing brighter than before.

'Time to run.'

With no hesitation, I stand up completely and started sprinting, "THANKS! I can take it from here!" Nightmare turns to the others, having no issue with me running past him.

'Is he seriously that confident I won't survive? Geez, that hurts.'

Dream screams to me, "Don't lose hope, Y/N!" My heart throbs, hating to leave all my friends alone like this.