Chapter 17- Still Alive

(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

Voices. I can hear voices. There's two of them, I can figure that much. The conversation is low and muffled, while I'm surrounded by darkness. I've been here a long time, it's calm. But being trapped here to listen to my own thoughts and anxiety for this long, I'm antsy to get out of here.

'I need to get back. Who knows what Killer is dealing with and you're just relaxing?!'

The moment finally came when I finally pushed myself to wake up. My comprehension and senses sharped, now picking up on some of the things being spoken.

"Well, make sure to tell Blueberry. I'm sure he wouldn't mind asking his brother to go with him."
.
"I know, I know. The sooner the better."
.
"Any progress on the human?"
.
"I'm amazed she's still alive.... Their soul is really-"

I let out a loud wince, breaking the peace and quiet. As my awareness resurfaced, so did the immense pain in my chest. It took me a while just to get the strength to open my eyes. I'm already convinced that moving my body will be much harder.

I try to move my arm. I'm right. There might as well be a large rock on top of it.

A calm and gentle voice speaks up from the right, "Please try not to move or your wounds may reopen." They're close, but I can't see them. Colors and shapes are blurry to me, merged together with blinding light. It's like looking at the sun through a completely unfocused camera.

I glance at what I guess is a person sitting next to me. It's a lot of white and yellow. The second voice from before sounds a lot further across the room, "I'll go ask Blue for some more painkillers." The person next to me replies to them, "I'll need another damp rag for her head if it's not too much trouble." "No problem, leave it to me!"

A door closes. I'm left alone with this random person. It's definitely not Killer or the others. I don't recognize them at all. I can already feel all of my emotions boiling up. Warm tears trickle down my cheeks. The figure leans over and uses a soft material to gently wipe them away.

"Your fever is high still. I know it must be very uncomfortable, I'm sorry. Ink and Blueberry will get some things to help you get better. The kitchen is right down the hall so it won't take long. Just hang on for a little longer."

My vision finally starts to clear up. I'm able to see his face. A skeleton with yellow eyes and a gold crown to match his blue and yellow themed outfit. A yellow cape hangs behind him, no wonder I saw so much yellow before.

I force myself not to look at my own condition. Instead, I observe this skeleton. I've gone through this enough times to not be weirded out.

'Looks like another freaking Sans.'

He notices my awareness and smirks at me, "Hi!" He even did a small wave to me with his gloved hands. Obeying his first instruction, I try my best not to move. Staying still helps the pain to fade slightly, but I can't wave back.

Two more skeletons step into the room. One is just covered with blue, grey, and more blue. He's wearing a grey shirt with armor plates for his shoulders, a pair of black pants, blue gloves, and blue boots. His small blue scarf and star-shaped pupils make him close to one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

The other is definitely interesting too. His outfit is mostly light shades of brown. On top, there's a long strap or belt with countless vials attached to it. Each one is filled with a different shade of color. Behind him is a brush that is basically the size of him. How he manages to carry that thing around with getting tired, I have no clue. His eyes are the most unique that I've seen (not that I've met that many Sanses already). One is a yellow star with a blue dot in the middle while the other is a normal blue oval shape.