Chapter 15- A Rough Night

(~Killer's POV + Time Skip~)

Walking back from Hotland, I talk with Dust, "Thank you for coming. Y'know, I could've handled it by myself?" He shrugs, looking at Phantom by his side, "Yeah, but I can use information like this to prepare for other timelines. It's odd that Alphys would code the core to self-destruct. A last attempt to kill you?"

I scratch my skull, "No, I don't think it was her. Even when under pressure, she never would've made a decision that could wipe out the entire population. I still hadn't made it to Hotland and New Home yet. Whoever did this, they obviously knew how the core worked. I reprogram it to stabilize but it always malfunctions days later. The code resets itself every time I change it."

Dust's interest is peaked, he asks, "Ya think you missed somebody?" "There's no way. I've patrolled around for an entire year. There's been no sign of life, even the things in houses remain untouched. Alphys' cameras are supposed to alert me if there's any motion."

I hear Dust snort, then chuckle, "You hacked into that too? Nerd." I let out a small growl, "My point is.. Even if there was a survivor that could evade all the cameras, where would they get supplies without me noticing?"

"Alright, you have a decent point. Then, I guess it's nothing more than a glitch." He slips his hands into his pockets and kicks a small pebble off the path, into the fiery pits below.

Even though there's no way this is some inconvenient accident, it's still 1 year later and I have no idea what's causing it.

'Even Chara couldn't-...'

Immediately, I erase the thought and continue moving.

(~Time Skip~)

Horror greets us from the couch with a smile, "I didn't know you guys left." Dust walks into the kitchen, "You didn't know the core was about to explode either." "WHAT?! The core is dying here too?!!" Horror yells.

"Calm down. It's not dying, just malfunctioning." I explain, looking around.

'Where's Y/N?'

Horror must've noticed me looking for her. He says, "The human hasn't come out yet. That's why I thought I was the first one up."

'Welp.. Time to go upstairs.'

(~Your POV~)

The feeling of warm fingers tracing across my cheek slowly pulls me out of my slumber, "Y/N, you're the last one up." I take a deep breath in, recognizing Killer's voice and touch. He softly nuzzled his head against mine, "You're usually up before me. Are you feeling okay?"

I sluggishly wrap my arms around Sans, pulling him into a hug, "I'm okay, just tired.." I open my eyes and gaze into his. He still looks a bit worried, despite my calm response.

To assure him, I give Killer a small kiss on his cheek. Killer's face flushed red with embarrassment. I can't help but laugh. I tease him, "You better get used to that because I still have plenty of them left."

I hug him in a firm embrace and keep him trapped by my side. I'm definitely going back to sleep and I guess I can drag him in with me. "N/N, it's lunch, you should get up. The others are hungry so we have to cook some food." "Says who? You sleep past lunch almost everyday, you can give me a few more minutes."

The room goes silent. Killer shares a few cuddles with me, which I happily accept. Seems like Sans is getting himself more comfortable, even if he's still a little hesitant. I love the feeling of his jacket. Holding him makes me feel like I'm holding a large teddy bear. I love that too.

'I don't want to let him go.'

The moment is heartwarming and calm, definitely very pleasant. I wish it could last forever. That hope immediately died with Horror busting in, "HEYA- Oh? What's going on in here?~" Killer's face goes completely bright red and he violently thrashes to get out of my grip.

Horror laughs, "Seriously? Y/N, are you two a thing?!" I sigh and release Killer. I don't know if Killer would want me sharing information like that yet. I tell Horror, "Maybe. Maybe not. I wanted a snuggle buddy. Then, you came along and broke him."

Killer rushes up and harshly smacks Horror's shoulder, with his completely flustered face, "Stop coming in my room!" Horror laughs harder, despite Killer's many screams telling him to "Shut up!" and "Go Away!"

I ignore most of it, turning over and squishing my face into a pillow. I woke up constantly last night over these freaking memories. I only got bits and pieces before waking up in a cold sweat. Unlike the first time, Killer didn't wake up so I chose not to bother him with it either.

Not being able to ignore it stressed me out. I only want to get some more sleep. Getting my wish, my limbs became heavy and my mind started to drift again.

"By the way, Nightmare and Error are here."
"WHAT??!!" Killer screamed, rushing out.

His loud and harsh tone shocked me back into awareness. I groan and slam a pillow over my head.

'I really have to get up, don't I?'

There's the sound of rushing footsteps and the door closing. I peek from under the pillow to see both Horror and Killer left the room.

'What was that all about?'

Doesn't matter because I finally got peace and quiet to myself once again. While they're distracted, I can manage to sneak in an extra nap or something. That's false because now I'm entirely awake. I groan and sit up, shouting, "Dang it!"

Dust teleports, appearing a few feet away. He opens the door and peeks out, mumbling to me, "Hey, I suggest you run if anything happens."

'What?'

"The rest of the group is here. I promise ya they ain't going to be friendly." He states clearly. I'm out of bed in 3 seconds.

'Oh, so I'm dealing with this again. I see how it is.'

Dust leans on the doorframe, watching downstairs. The closer I get to him, the clearer I can hear a heated argument going on. Horror and Killer with two other voices.

Writer~San: Hi! I missed posting for a few days. I'm so sorry. A family emergency happened and I just need some time to recover from it. I've been trying to plot where I'm going to go with this story, since in the beginning I originally had multiple endings mapped out. But since the situation happened, I'm so stressed I can't gather my thoughts together like I want them to. This chapter took me three whole days to write and honestly, I know I could've done better. Again, I apologize for this. I'll try to post when I can and hopefully things can get back to normal soon. Thank you for those who are being patient with me. Cya later!