Chapter 8- Wires Are Fried

(~Your POV + Time Skip Few More Days~)

I take another spoonful of cereal, not really paying attention to anything else. Running low on food so all I can really focus on is how smaller the portions keep getting.

'I hope Sans gets back soon.'

Killer was gone when I woke up this afternoon. Yeah, I slept late. I haven't gotten much sleep in the past week. Supposedly, he left this morning. I'm assuming he went get supplies, well, from anywhere he can find them.

'Kinda feels like there's an apocalypse going on down here.'

Speaking of the devil, Killer approaches from within the darkness. He greets me in with a soft and low tone, "Hello." Although this has happened so many freaking times, I still flinch. Took me by surprise, so much that I bit my cheek. I whine, taking a deep breath in while holding a hand over my mouth.

'Dang it.'

"I got some stuff. Can you help me unpack?" I give him a thumbs up despite slowly dying inside. Once he leaves, I slam my free hand into the table repeatedly.

'WHYYYY?!'

Biting my cheek while eating could be on the same level of getting a paper cut if not worse.

'Ugh.. There's nothing I can do about it now.'

Time to see what Killer's got this time. Walking to the living room, I ask, "So what'd you steal?" "Y/N, it's not stealing when nobody's alive to use it." I snicker, "You're 'borrowing' it? That's what all thieves usually say." "Y/N." He says my name with a groan, annoyed.

"Alright, I understand." I bend down, sorting through the large bag of items. "I got some good news." Looking up at him, I ask, "Really? And what might that be?" "Snow's melted."

'WHAT?!'

I hurriedly rush to one of the curtains and swing it open. Like Killer said, most of the snow from that storm has completely melted. Some of it still remains in large piles, but most of it is off of the house. We're not trapped in anymore. I'm really glad, but that doesn't stop the anxiety from trying to shrivel my lungs.

'The storm's over... which means.. That deal we made ended..'

I try to keep my cool. It's different now. I've shown that I can be helpful. I can even say that we're becoming friends. We've been stuck together for two weeks.

'But will that be enough?'

"Y/N." Killer calls me. I face him, forcing a smirk, "What is it now?"

"I haven't changed my mind."

.....

I stutter, raising an eyebrow, "A-About w-what?" "You already know the answer to that. Trust me, remember?" He responds, lifting the bag with blue magic and taking it into the kitchen. I take a deep breath.

'I'm safe then...'

Killer shouts, "Ya coming help or what?!" I laugh, running in to join him, "Coming!"

(~Time Skip~)

Placing the last can on the shelf, I ask Sans, "Is that it?" "Yep, all that's left to do is get the power running again."

'Wait a minute. There's no one else down here. We have to do it ourselves.'

"You know how to do that stuff? Or do you just have a convenient manual put aside for these occasions?" I inquire, tilting my head. "Kid, this is Snowdin. To live in this type of weather, both options are needed." Killer answers, sticking his hands in his pockets.

'True.'

"Cool. Can I join you? I don't want you to electrocute yourself. Plus, you can teach me a few things and then I could help if it happens again." "Yeah, fine. Put a jacket on first." Killer gestures for me to follow him.

I grab my (F/C) jacket off the couch, slipping it on as we step outside. It's super cold as usual. I don't mind it, it's better than being stuck in the dark house.

Sans leads me to the back of the building. Didn't take him long to find the box that controls all the electrical circuits. Using his hand, Killer wipes some snow off of the top and front of it.

"That's what I thought." He mumbles. I try to match my gaze with where he's looking. He has no pupils, therefore I have NO IDEA what I should be noticing. I just decide to ask him, "What is it?" "That wind pulled the panel loose. That's why water got in and fried the breaker." Sans explains, easily pulling the bent metal panel off with blue magic like it was a sticker.

Inside the box was a bunch of wires, switches, buttons, and stuff that is way beyond me to understand. Smoke and sparks leak out, coming from wires burned in half. I'm slightly worried.

Killer carefully looks at the damage without getting too close. Out of curiosity, I ask, "You can fix that? Looks extremely fried." Sans sighs, "Yeah. Besides being through this time and time again with bad weather, I used to work for a scientist a long time ago. Failed experiments and faulty prototypes always led to broken machinery and power outages like this in his lab. Of course, since the doc didn't want to lose his progress on a project, he'd make me fix it as a 'training exercise.' My memory's a bit clouded but I'm sure I can handle this."

I nudge his shoulder, smiling, "I never saw you as the science nerd type." Sans sighs, uttering one word, "Don't."

"Did ya wear a lab coat too? What about glasses? Wait, how can you wear glasses when you uh.. don't have ears."
"Y/N, I said don't."
"Fine! Fine! You win."

I fold my arms in front of me, watching him. Killer examines the circuitboards, saying, "I think the tools I need are in the house. Want to go fetch them for me?"

I smile, giving a thumbs up, "Got it!" Quickly, I run alongside the house and onto the front porch, going back inside.

'He didn't say which room it was in. Dang, I don't even know what the tools look like. Doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll find them.'

(~Time Skip~)

I huff, closing the cabinet doors, "Not in here either??? Is Sans messing with me? Did the bonehead only say that to get me out of the way?" I searched the entire kitchen and couldn't find anything. No toolbox or emergency kit of the sort.

The house is barely lit with candlelight, maybe I'm overlooking something. Walking into the living room, I scratch my head in puzzlement.

'Are they upstairs?'

I haven't gone up there except when I need the bathroom. It could be in the bathroom. He keeps the first aid kit in there too. I head upstairs, going into the bathroom. Like the kitchen, there's no windows in here so it's really dark. Thankfully, I have a few candles lit in here.

Checking all of the cabinets in here and even under the sink too, I find nothing. I groan and run my fingers through my hair.

'Why don't you just go outside and ask Sans where they are?'

I shake my head, suppressing the thought. I want to figure this out. I have one job, surely I can do it by myself.

'I'll check the kitchen again.'

I step out and trace my hand along the wall, going back to the staircase. At the end of the hall, I stop. The stairs are on the left. To my right, I feel the outline of a door. On it, there's a bunch of signs that you'd normally buy for a kid's room. Do not enter signs, do not cross tape, small banners, stuff like that.

'I don't remember seeing Sans go into this room ever since I got here. Ever.'

...

Curiosity gets the better of me and I slowly open the door.