Chapter 26- New Friend

(~Your Mind~)

I just want this to be over.

It's dark. Where am I?

...

Who am I? All I feel, is anger. Uncontrollable anger and fear. Why?

A small voice giggled, "Hi Y/N~ You've gotten some awareness back. Want to watch? It wouldn't be fair if I had all the fun by myself."

"Y/N? Watch what? Who are you?" I muttered, frightened at the sudden company.

"Oh Y/N, stop joking around! It's your friend, Chara. We're playing a game together, remember?" She sweetly replied like a friend would, but part of me resisted thinking of her as that. My fear only grew stronger.

Y/N? Y/N. Right, that's my name...

I shouldn't be here. I don't understand why.

"Here, I'll let you have a peek."

Like a projection, a flash of light appeared in front of me, blinding me for a moment. When they adjusted, I wasn't in the dark void.

My vision is blurry and dark at the edges, but I can see one thing clearly. MY hands, gripped around the throat of a monster, clawing deeper and deeper. A skeleton, missing half of his skull. His one red eye light is small and filled with fear. He's screaming things to me but it's muffled, I can't understand it. The skeleton's struggling but can't get away. I won't let him.

'WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT'S GOING ON?!'

"They were trying to hurt you again. I'm helping you. You're so forgetful." Chara answers, sounding so cheerful despite the terrifying sight. My hands, they grip even tighter with no remorse. I hear his screams as bones started to crack from the pressure.

I'm afraid, but not because of this weird creature. I'm more scared of what I'm doing to him. It feels like.... I'm betraying him.

Should I know him? Chara says I'm forgetful. What am I forgetting? Am I in control of my own body? Am I alive? Why do I feel so much hatred towards them? I shouldn't feel that way, right? It doesn't feel right. I continue to watch, intrigued. I can't look away. All of these doubts would go away, if I just snap his neck.

I wouldn't have to feel like this. I can be happy. Just get rid of him. Then, I can forget it all. I don't need anyone. These emotions are holding me back.

I forgot Chara shared the space of my mind with me, it startled me when she interrupts, saying, "Wow, those are some dark feelings. Excited to see we think the same! Fineeee.. I'll share and give you a turn. Have fun!"

'Wait.. This isn't right.. it's not-...... What's happening to me?'

Instead of being a numb onlooker, I'm pulled back into control of my body. I can start to feel the blood rushing through my arms and head. I feel and hear the snapping cracks of this stranger's bones. He stopped screaming, his eye socket going dark. Their body went limp and his breathing worsened. Half of my soul feels mortified while the other half seeks violence and satisfaction.

"Just a little more Y/N. WaTcH hiM uNTil hE's noThiNG buT dUst."

I'm back in reality. This isn't a dream. Before I could even fully process it, a large paintbrush comes into view and slams into me. I'm thrown across the room, away from my victim.

I see the rest of the room, made entirely of metal. There's more of them here, skeletons. One is full of shock and concern, who happens to be the one that attacked me with the paintbrush. I get annoyed and growl.