5- It Only Works if You Work It

***

***

Aurora felt like a rotisserie chicken, due to how often she'd tossed and turned all night, in her new bedroom; the room of freaking requirement. She had transformed the space into a slightly better version of her room back home, adding a fireplace, for some small sense of familiarity. She had a whole wall of windows overlooking nearby mountains, and the other three walls were lined from top to bottom with bookshelves full of knowledge. So basically, Aurora was living like a king.

Suck on that, you Gryffindor bitches.

And just to spite Tom, she did not make him a little space in her room like she did back at home. The son of a —

In fact, she still hadn't had a chance to even speak with the git: she slept through breakfast due to her late night. In classes, he didn't come out of the diary once, the smarmy wart.

Regardless, she was privately quite thankful for it, seeing as she'd only glare at him the whole time anyways. Rory kept to herself and sat by strangers in all her classes— which were Herbology, History of Magic (she managed to catch a good nap in that class) and potions, where Snape just ignored her the entire duration. Between herself and Draco, her brother was always his favorite Godchild.

Speaking of, Draco still hadn't spoken to her. What was with all the males in her life not speaking to her? Anyways, surprisingly, she didn't mind all that much if she was being honest— she was almost positive that her brother knew she had special abilities, as Dumbledore called it. If Aurora could do one thing, it was hold a grudge.

Aurora was bitter and she knew it, but she was also quite hurt by everyone's actions. She had dark circles under her different colored eyes, and her skin had turned even more pale than she thought humanly possible. Hogwarts wasn't really all it's cracked out to be so far, in her unfortunate opinion. All throughout the day, Harry would send her worried glances but she honestly couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, too drained for her poor eleven year old body to catch up.

To be fair, Aurora absolutely adored each of the different talking portraits here at Hogwarts— they were all really weird, honestly, but in their own unique portrait-y way. It was endearing.

Once lunch rolled around, she went back to the ROFR (room of freaking requirement) to catch up on more sleep before the next wave of classes. As Rory entered, she saw Tom reappear, his Hogwarts robes pristine as always, sat down on her bed, seemingly waiting. Aurora was pleased to note the sour look on his face at his only sitting options— she mentally thought she was a genius for the amount of thinking she had to endure regularly, in order to continue finding new cruel and unusual ways to prank Tom.

She chucked her (empty) school bag behind her head as soon as she walked in, before immediately laying face down on the bed next to the invisible menace, groaning.