Part 4

• Dedicated to Tori Vogal

After that incident you were now trying to fall asleep in the overly plush bed in the room you had been led to. There was nothing to do except read or to explore. 'First read then explore just in case reading makes you sleepy and you can finally fall asleep.' you thought to yourself. After reading a book on prosthetics that the elves were making for missing limbs you were extremely bored. You went with your second option exploring was always fun especially in new places you had never been in. You carefully walked over to the door making your attempt to be silent. You thanked the gods you were more elf than human. You silently opened the door. No one was standing outside which was odd but you weren't going to over think things and worry about every little thing. You tugged your cloak closer around you. 'Gods its cold here.' you muttered to yourself.You walked near the wall to make sure if someone had started coming down the corridor you could easily press yourself against the wall and not be seen. Footsteps approached you so a quickly as you could you ran to the indent of where a door was. "Father be reasonable!" Legolas (or who you assumed was Legolas considering you couldn't see him from your current position) yelled in a whisper to who you assumed was the King Thranduil of Mirkwood. "Lord Elrond has advised it and I have no objections to the idea. It would be an amazing opportunity to unite our two kingdoms," Thranduil replied smoothly to his son. 'What were are they talking about?' yo thought. "I refuse to marry a human. They are a disgusting species," Legolas said getting irritated. "She is half elf as well Legolas, you must understand that you have to do everything to make sure that the kingdom will be safe that is your job as prince. You are going to be king," Thranduil spoke still with his overly calm voice. "I understand father," Legolas replied walking past you without even noticing that you were pressed against the wall. "You should be in your bed lady (y/n)," king Thranduil said looking at you. You stepped forward quietly, bowed your head in apology and jogged quickly back to your room.