Chapter 14 - Blood

Inside your room you began preparing for the battle. Pulling light armoron that was a gift from a hobbit you had come across during your way toMirkwood. It was a beautiful silver chain link that went under your over coat.Pulling the pure white medic garb over your head and over the chain link it hada small red symbol in the middle. The symbol was beautifully made with carefulprecision. Tying a brown worn belt around your waist you fastened you dagger toyour thigh. Hopefully that was the only weapon you'd need since you were amedic after all. Suddenly the door flew open to your room. "(Y/N)! What are youthinking you can't go into battle!" It was Legolas with little Edlen at hisheels. "I can do whatever I please...and I want to be there with you so if youget injured I can help you, what if there aren't enough medics on the field andmore people than necessary die?! I don't know about you but I don't want tofeel that kind of weight over my head!" You yelled while finishing tying yourhair up looking at Legolas through the mirror with a glare. Legolas only sighedas Edlen came closer to you grabbing your leg. "Emmë please don't leave"Edlen looked up at you teary eyed. "I'm sorry winicë but think of all the otherpeople may need me," (Y/N) said looking at the little girl she had just picked up. Sniffling Edlen just nodded meekly. Smiling you set her down, "Let's go" you said to Legolas as you headed for the door. In less than a hour Legolas had the two of you on the battle field. Stopping in front of the Medical tent Legolas let you off, "Be careful (Y/N)." Then he rode off towards the battle. Entering the tent the first thing you smelt was the thick iron in the air. Suddenly you felt a tug at the white robe over your torso. Looking down you saw a man with bandages over his face only one eye to see with. There was blood seeping through them. Grimacing you leaned down to hear what he wanted to say. "Please...please give this to my...daugh," the man stopped talking and dropped something into your hands. A small silver pendant sat in your hands that were now covered in blood. A small tear slid down your cheek as you stared at the pendant. It appeared as though it could fit with the one that Aragorn had gotten from your father before he disappeared leaving you with your adoptive-father King Elrond of Rivendell. The man looked like he could be old enough to be your father. Elrond said when your father left he was a young human barely old enough to be a father yet he had two children. Was this man your father?