Part 7

• Dedicated to Eppie the sempai

You entered the room where Legolas and Thranduil were silently eating. Edlen followed behind you trying not to make a noise. Legolas and his father faces quickly lifted their faces to see who owned the second set of feet padding on the floor. Edlen made her attempt to hide behind you to not be seen. You grabbed her hand and pulled her to your side. 'If they don't except her then we'll leave' (y/n) thought to herself. You walked towards the table pulled out a chair and had Edlen sit down then pulled a chair out for yourself and began eating the food that was displayed on the table. "Why is there a human child at this table (y/n)?" Legolas questioned you. "She was in my room when I woke up and I have taken a liking to her. Her name is Edlen she will be eating with us this morning and all throughout the day because I am going to raise her," you responded putting food on Edlen's plate. You could feel Legolas's glare on you even though he didn't say a word. Thranduil just nodded his head in agreement and kept eating. Edlen silently began eating feeling like she shouldn't be there in the first place. After you two had finished eating you took Edlen to the library to read or play chess. Edlen told you she could barely read and didn't know how to play chess. This made you furious. 'Why would they take her in unless they were going to take care of her and raise her as their own?!' you thought. After about a hour of you reading to her she had fallen asleep in your lap, as you continued to read to yourself Legolas just happened to walk into the library and apparently he was going to just sit in a chair and stare at you while you read. Though it felt more like glaring to you.