3

I felt an arm go around me as I walked.

"God! You scared the shit out of me." I gasped as I saw Beau

He rolled his eyes. "That's no way to treat your boyfriend."

"You're so full of shit," I grumbled. "Are you done with classes for a day?"

"I am. What's your major? I feel like I know nothing about you." Beau asked me.

That's because you don't. 

We'd only known each other for what? Five days?

"My name is Natalia Fitzgerald and I'm a freshman neuroscience major from Los Angeles, California. Does that help?" I gave him my generic introduction.

"No shit," he sounded shocked. "I'm a neuroscience major. If you ever need help or anything I still have all of the notes."

What a coincidence. 

"That would be helpful. Chemistry with Professor Williams is kind of beating my ass." I agreed.

"Do you want to go to Starbucks and sit down? I can help with chem. I know he's an ass." Beau offered. "And I could get to know my girlfriend better."

God, he said girlfriend like it was real.

"I have practice at 6:30, but it's only three so I guess I could squeeze in an hour with you." I decided.

"Amazing. I'll treat you to a coffee." Beau moved his arm from around me.

We walked to the Starbucks that was on campus. Beau and I both got vanilla lattes with oat milk and light ice. 

We sat down at a table with our laptops and started to do our homework.

"So where are you from?" I asked Beau.

"Fort Worth, Texas. I was born in Chicago, but my parents moved to Texas when I was two." Beau answered my question.

"Texas to California." I realized. "How did you get here?"

"Baseball. My top three schools were Vanderbilt, UT Austin, and I wanted to get out of the south, so I chose UCLA." he responded. "Are you really from California?"

"Born and raised," I confirmed. "I always liked this campus and I wasn't really ready to go out of state. Plus it already looked weird that my brother went out of state and I was going to UCLA instead of USC." I rambled.

Beau frowned. "Why would it look weird."

I forgot that we didn't grow up in the same circle and that he wasn't from around here.

"Both of my parents are USC alums and my dad is a senator." I clarified. 

"UCLA is better than USC anyway." Beau shrugged. 

"And I looked your Instagram, so I already knew that," he added.

Oop.

"How? I'm private on Instagram." I realized.

"I know people, Natalie." Beau winked.

I took a sip of coffee. "And you didn't even request me? Would I ruin your follower to following ratio?"

"Nah, I just didn't wanna come off as creepy." Beau took his phone out of his pocket. "I just requested you, go accept me. Please."

I went to Instagram, accepted his request, and followed him back. Mer wasn't lying when she said he was Instagram famous. 

Beau's Instagram feed was baseball highlights, a few trips on vacation to exotic places, and some pictures with his friends.

"You went to Istanbul, Dubai, and the Maldives?" I asked him as I scrolled through Instagram.

He nodded his head. "I see that you've been to London, Paris, and Italy. A lot of time in New York City too. I'm guessing you went to a private prep school since you had to wear an all-white dress to graduation."

"I have a lot of family in New York and yes I did go to a private prep school," I responded to his assumptions.

"Wait a minute, Fitzgerald like the Fitzgerald hotels?" Beau realized.

I nodded my head with a small grin. "That's my family." 

"Damn. That's cool." Beau put down his cup. "Thanks for putting me onto the coffee. It's good."

"What do your parents do?" I asked him.

"My Dad is an anesthesiologist and my mom is a dentist. You could only imagine how high the bar is that I go to med school or dental school." he cracked his knuckles. 

"What do you want to do?" I wondered. "You've made it this far being a neuroscience major. I imagine that it couldn't be easy with baseball."

"My dream job would be to play in the MLB, but if that doesn't work out I plan on going to med school. What about you?" Beau put his phone down.

"PT school, so when you inevitably get hurt in the MLB you can come to me. Maybe I'll give you a discount." I joked.

He made a face. "Maybe? After being your fake boyfriend? Come on now, Natalie."

"Fine, you can get a discount." I gave in.

"Thank you." Beau gave me a small smile.

Beau and I stayed at Starbucks for an hour and fifteen minutes. We talked, he helped me with my chemistry homework, and we attempted to find a couple's Halloween costume for the party in a few weeks.

We didn't decide on one yet, but we had pretty good ideas.

"Ah, someone is smiling big." Nia commented as I walked through the door. "Starbucks cup in hand which means caffeine for practice, but wait. The tag says 'Beau'."

Nia's goal was to be a lawyer.

She picked up on everything.

"I ran into him after class, we went to go get coffee, we got to know each other a bit more, and he helped me with my chem homework. Don't get too excited. It's not like we kissed or anything." I put down my bookbag.

"I bet." she winked. 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go take a power nap. Wake me up in fifteen minutes."

"Will do." Nia agreed.