9

"Who is ready to go to Cabo?" Merren cheered.

Merren, Evie, Nia, Yara, Carmen, Aliyah, and I sat around the living room of Nia and I's apartment to book our Spring Break trip to Mexico.

"Everyone Venmoed me their part, right?" Carmen look at all of us as she attempted to book our hotel room.

I gave her a thumbs up. "As the group secretary, I have made a note that everyone sent their money. The last one was Genevieve Brown yesterday at 2:25 in the morning."

"You're welcome." Evie did a little bow. "And all of us booked the Delta flight leaving out of LAX to Los Cabos at 10:30 in the morning on Sunday, correct?"

I nodded my head. "I put everyone's seat on the Google Doc."

Yara squinted at the screen. "I thought we were staying from Sunday to Saturday? Why is Nat leaving Friday morning?"

"She's going to Dallas." Nia said in a sing-song voice.

"With her baseball playing, social media famous boyfriend." Mer added.

I rolled my eyes with a grin. "His dad is getting married and he wants me to be there. Don't worry, the flight to Texas is only two hours and it's non-stop. I won't be sitting in a random airport by myself for too long."

"When is he finally going to post you?" Aliyah questioned me.

That was a factor of fake dating that I didn't think of.

I shrugged. "I'm not posting a man that doesn't post me."

"Period." Nia agreed and everyone else nodded in response.

"Since there's no football game this weekend, I figured that we should go shopping. We're gonna need outfits for Spring Break after all." Nia suggested.

"I'm down." I agreed.

I forgot how fun girls' weekends were.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a good party, but now and then all I wanted was to stay in and watch movies. That's what we did on Friday night.

We ordered Uber Eats, watched Chick flicks, and enjoyed each other's company.

On Saturday, we headed into town to shop and eat lunch. We literally shopped until we drooped. 

Nia and I didn't get back to our place until ten at night, even though we left at ten in the morning. I showered and slept from 11 to noon the next day.

Even then I didn't do anything.

It was nice to do nothing for once. 

I texted my "boyfriend" that I wasn't dead just exhausted and needed time to myself. I know that I should've touched some of my schoolwork, but I didn't. I just laid in bed binge-watching TV shows. 

That was a Sunday well spent for me. 

Especially because I had 6 am practice on Monday. 

Football season was practically over since there were only two more home games, but basketball season was around the corner. 

At least basketball season meant there were only three practices a week.

I showered, went to class, and then found myself at Oakwood Preparatory Academy in the carpool line. A cute little girl ran up to my car with her signature high ponytail and bright blue bow.

"Neely!" Tatum exclaimed as she got into my car.

I always wanted to be the big sister I dreamed of having when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I loved having an older brother, but there were some things that boys just didn't understand.