24

- Beau's POV -

I wanted to keep punching him until he didn't have a heartbeat. I wanted him to hurt the way he hurt her.

But I saw the way she was curled in Matteo's arms, bawling her eyes out.

I knew that I had to choose between him or her.

Of fucking course, I choose her.

I would choose her every time.

"Hey, hey, Nat." I crawled over to her. "I'm here for you. I promise that I'm not going anywhere."

She slowly sat up and turned towards me.

I wanted him to burn in hell.

Her eye was purple and swollen, she had bruises all over her body, and a giant gash on her forehead.

Why the fuck did I say three strikes? Domestic violence wasn't a baseball game. I hated myself for not getting her out sooner.

Natalia wrapped her arms around me and whispered "Thank you."

I held her close to me.

There was nothing more that I wanted right now than to make sure that she was safe. I wanted to make sure she was safe for the rest of her days on this Earth.

"I need to take you to the hospital." I spoke softly. "Do you want me to call your parents?"

She shook her head. "No, not right now. I want to change my clothes."

My heart shattered.

How was I supposed to tell her that her Grand Cayon sweatshirt and marron sweatpants were now evidence?

"You can't, Nat." my voice broke.

I could see the pain on her face.

I wanted her to be comfortable, but I also wanted her to get justice.

"Matteo, can you go throw some of her clothes into a bag? Just some t-shirts, sweatpants, random shit. Her room is right there." I pointed out.

"I have a bag packed for my parents' house already." Natalia spoke up. "It's the rose gold suitcase."

Matteo just nodded his head and walked towards her room.

"I feel so fucking stupid and dumb." Nat cried.

I shook my head. "Don't you dare blame yourself. I don't want you to feel stupid or embarrassed, ok? It's not your fault. You are so brave and strong. You made it out alive."

Natalia looked around as she sat up. "I think my ankle is broken. I can't put any pressure on it."

Her ankle was purple already.

It would probably look worse in the morning.

"I'm going to take you to the University hospital, ok? I'll stay with you, but I need you to go get checked out." I talked her through my plan.

I think that the last thing she wanted was a surprise.

I carried Natalia down to my car while Matteo carried all of her luggage. He didn't want to come with us to the hospital which was probably for the best.

As we sat in the hospital room, the nurse kept giving me the side-eye.

Natalia realized. "He didn't do this to me. It was my boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." she corrected herself as she held a pack of ice to her eye.

The nurse stitched up the gash. "We need to do a kit and photograph the evidence, Miss. Fitzgerald."